New Montech PSUs. Anyone know anything?

Sat1600

So Montech just released 2 PSU lines.

Beta - bronze

https://www.montechpc.com/en/products_detail.php?nid=55

Gamma II - gold

https://www.montechpc.com/en/products_detail.php?nid=47&s_ok2

"Beta" seems to be group related, ketchup and mustard cables and a 3 year warranty. Comes in 550w for $50 and 650 for $57 on Amazon

"Gamma II" seems more interesting.  DC - DC and a 5 year warranty.

550w for $67

650w for $73

750w for $80

Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084Q4XZH8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_j5iiFbFPV1ZSV

So anyone have any idea what platforms these are? Just curious not buying right now. 

The Beta Bronze looks to be the same budget CWT GPM design as the Corsair VS.

While the Gamma II seem to be based on the CWT GPS like in the Deepcool ST and Thermaltake Smart DPS G

These look terrible.  LOL!

Beta is clearly CWT.  Seems to be the old CX-M platform before they added the DC to DC (DSAIII?)

Gamma II is also CWT.  Probably the GPX or GPS.  Definitely not GPU.

I have been looking at the same model (Montech Gamma II Power Supply 750W 80+ Gold), I read the specs and thought that with a five year warranty that it would be a good value especially the way PSU prices are going up, but after coming here and seeing the comments I am not so sure now.

Am I misinterpreting your information? Not to question the holy wisdom of the prophet of PSU's JonnyGURU, LOL, but just want to make sure :) thx

17 minutes ago, BitterEnd said:

I have been looking at the same model (Montech Gamma II Power Supply 750W 80+ Gold), I read the specs and thought that with a five year warranty that it would be a good value especially the way PSU prices are going up, but after coming here and seeing the comments I am not so sure now.

Am I misinterpreting your information? Not to question the holy wisdom of the prophet of PSU's JonnyGURU, LOL, but just want to make sure :) thx

Gamma II might be "safe".  Definitely not a bomb as CWT doesn't make any bombs.  But no one can say what the quality is until a proper tear down is done. 

Gamma II is GPS (should be ok), Beta is GPM (trash). They also have Century which is GPX (like Deepcool DQ-M-V2L). No reviews or teardowns tho, this is based only on pictures they provide.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Thanks for the great advice, never been crazier time to build a PC with the Pandemic, especially with the PSU. I am trying not to have a nightmare experience like I had with Apevia a few years back, even though now I am seeing that they seem to be using OEM Andyson with some models. I want to keep it near a $100 so I looked at the reviews like on JonnyGuru , found this one for $113 the Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W Gold and the 650 for $99 which got a 8.8 on JonnyGuru and thought I would give myself a little more RGB, but then all the amazon reviews says it sucks ! I found a Seasonic on Newegg for $99 thought being Seasonic  I would be ok but all the reviews says it sucks ! I find good reviews on a brand called Segotep GP Gold but I have never heard of them and could not find any other sold data on them. I really hate feeling like a I am rolling the dice on my PSU, but really cant put as much as my cpu/motherboard/and case combined to have a PSU I am sure wont be under powered or blowup:( Maybe I can find something I the used market that might be do better, not sure, wish me luck...

2 hours ago, BitterEnd said:

I want to keep it near a $100 so I looked at the reviews like on JonnyGuru , found this one for $113 the Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W Gold and the 650 for $99 which got a 8.8 on JonnyGuru and thought I would give myself a little more RGB, but then all the amazon reviews says it sucks ! 

That's because Thermaltake sells A LOT of PSUs.  The more PSUs you sell, the more negative review you get because people don't tend to leave reviews because, "yeah... it works".

On 8/1/2020 at 11:13 PM, Juular said:

Gamma II is GPS (should be ok), Beta is GPM (trash). They also have Century which is GPX (like Deepcool DQ-M-V2L). No reviews or teardowns tho, this is based only on pictures they provide.

Aris should have a GPX based PSU review soon, though I fear if he only focuses on the performance and not the longevity, it may give the wrong impression.