Help increasing these settings?

Hi there,

I just built my mining rig today, and i'm not too happy with performance so far. I have a gigabyte 7970 ghz edition, and i was only hitting about 670-680khash. i'm using cgminer on litecoin BAMT. The card was at about 60 degrees with the fans on about 60%. Here are my settings in my cgminer.conf file, what can i do to improve my hashing rate to at least 730?

"intensity" : "20",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "40960",
"shaders" : "0",
"api-listen" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "0",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

Also, there was the cgminer.conf file with that data in, and then a cgminer-7950.conf file, which actually had values for the memclock etc. which is it using? There was also an api-port and api-allow section, but i've removed them for this post. Thanks for any help.

Hi there,

I just built my mining rig today, and i'm not too happy with performance so far. I have a gigabyte 7970 ghz edition, and i was only hitting about 670-680khash. i'm using cgminer on litecoin BAMT. The card was at about 60 degrees with the fans on about 60%. Here are my settings in my cgminer.conf file, what can i do to improve my hashing rate to at least 730?

"intensity" : "20",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "40960",
"shaders" : "0",
"api-listen" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "0",
"gpu-memclock" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

Also, there was the cgminer.conf file with that data in, and then a cgminer-7950.conf file, which actually had values for the memclock etc. which is it using? There was also an api-port and api-allow section, but i've removed them for this post. Thanks for any help.

you can try oc it from the gigabyte gpu oc proggramme

you can try oc it from the gigabyte gpu oc proggramme

Is OC'ing the only thing I can do? Am i not able to tweak any of those options to increase the hashing rate?

Is OC'ing the only thing I can do? Am i not able to tweak any of those options to increase the hashing rate?

i had pretty much the same problem with you! Get more khs so i oc my card and i got 30 more! But my setting were full!

You can try changing the thread-concarency to 4970! I think it will work! But i am not sure!

Also all thos gpu-memory and gpu-engine , you can change them with oc! If you have any problems tell me

i done the same thing changing back to windows

Everyone else reports problems when trying to use so many cards in windows, which isn't an issue yet, and that linux works better.

Everyone else reports problems when trying to use so many cards in windows, which isn't an issue yet, and that linux works better.

if you have more than 3 card i prefere using linux

What's your OC?  There's a lot of settings you can try from this page: https://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

1080/1500, intensity 13, thread concurrency 11200 is a good starting point

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

I was not able to get as high of a hashrate with BAMT and SMOS so I switched back to Windows.

I am part owner of this miner. What would you say was the difference in the hashrate?

You will likely have to overhaul the settings completely, a high hashrate comes from a balance of all settings, making it challenging at times to achieve the highest optimal K/hash.

Lower intensity to 13

Change Gpu threads to 2

You will likely have to lower thread concurrency as it may be too high to run with 2 threads.  Start with 8192 and slowly increase to find it's max with 2 threads.

Here's a tuning guide from the scrypt readme.  Follow this to find the max thread concurrency and an optimal core/mem clock ratio.  Keep the intensity at 13, and gpu threads at 2, they have been known to achieve a higher and more stable hashrate than one thread and a high intensity.

---TUNING AN AMD RADEON 7970Example tuning a 7970 for Scrypt mining:On linux run this command:export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100or on windows this:setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100in the same console/bash/dos prompt/bat file/whatever you want to call it,before running cgminer.First, find the highest thread concurrency that you can start it at. They shouldall start at 8192 but some will go up to 3 times that. Don't go too high on theintensity while testing and don't change gpu threads. If you cannot go above8192, don't fret as you can still get a high hashrate.Delete any .bin files so you're starting from scratch and see what bins getgenerated.First try without any thread concurrency or even shaders, as cgminer will try tofind an optimal valuecgminer -I 13If that starts mining, see what bin was generated, it is likely the largestmeaningful TC you can set.Starting it on mine I get:scrypt130302Tahitiglg2tc22392w64l8.binSee tc22392 that's telling you what thread concurrency it was. It should startwithout TC parameters, but you never know. So if it doesn't, start with--thread-concurrency 8192 and add 2048 to it at a time till you find the highestvalue it will start successfully at.Then start overclocking the eyeballs off your memory, as 7970s are exquisitelysensitive to memory speed and amazingly overclockable but please make sure itkeeps adequately cooled with --auto-fan! Do it while it's running from the GPUmenu. Go up by 25 at a time every 30 seconds or so until your GPU crashes. Thenreboot and start it 25 lower as a rough start. Mine runs stable at 1900 memorywithout overvolting. Overvolting is the only thing that can actually damage yourGPU so I wouldn't recommend it at all.Then once you find the maximum memory clock speed, you need to find the sweetspot engine clock speed that matches it. It's a fine line where one more MHzwill make the hashrate drop by 20%. It's somewhere in the .57 - 0.6 ratio range.Start your engine clock speed at half your memory clock speed and then increaseit by 5 at a time. The hashrate should climb a little each rise in engine speedand then suddenly drop above a certain value. Decrease it by 1 then until youfind it climbs dramatically. If your engine clock speed cannot get that highwithout crashing the GPU, you will have to use a lower memclock.Then, and only then, bother trying to increase intensity further.My final settings were:--gpu-engine 1141  --gpu-memclock 1875 -I 20for a hashrate of 745kH.Note I did not bother setting a thread concurrency. Once you have the magicendpoint, look at what tc was chosen by the bin file generated and then hardcode that in next time (eg --thread-concurrency 22392) as slight changes inthread concurrency will happen every time if you don't specify one, and the tcto clock ratios are critical!Good luck, and if this doesn't work for you, well same old magic discussionapplies, I cannot debug every hardware combo out there.Your numbers will be your numbers depending on your hardware combination and OS,so don't expect to get exactly the same results!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

i had pretty much the same problem with you! Get more khs so i oc my card and i got 30 more! But my setting were full!

You can try changing the thread-concarency to 4970! I think it will work! But i am not sure!

Also all thos gpu-memory and gpu-engine , you can change them with oc! If you have any problems tell me

Holy mother of exclamation marks 

Ok, thanks. But can you help with the config files. In /etc/bamt we seem to have a cgminer.conf files and a cgminer-7950oc.conf file. They both (look to) have the same information but what is the difference?