Gtx 680 Only Getting 40 Fps On Bf3?

ok so i bought a gtx 680 like 3 weeks ago and its been great so far with my phenom ii x6 1090t OC'd to 3.7ghz and i was reguarly getting 60+ fps on bf3. but yesterday i jump on bf3 and im getting 40 and below??? i checked everything all drivers are up to date and i even re installed the gpu and switched the power cables around. nothing changed? it is the SC EVGA version btw. i have the game installed on my hdd not ssd and i have a feeling that hard drive might go to caput soon so it may be that otherwise i dont know? im pretty sure my cpu does bottleneck my cpu cause like when i first got it  still saw 40fps sometimes so yeah probs going to upgrade to an fx-8350 and do you reckon i will benifit much from it?. other details you might want to know:
psu: antec earthwatts 750psu
vengeance ram
h40 liquid cooler by corsair
990 fxa ud3 motherboard.

but the strangest part is what i forgot to mention. i changed the graphics to see if anything that could increase the fps but i change it to low and i still get 38 - 46 fps????? what the hell i tried it on low last week to see the amazing fps i should get on the low preset and i got nearly 150 fps on talah market! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY RIG????? this is so weird? i didnt change anything? plz help

thanks guy really wanna get to the bottom of it.

My Rig:

IN PROCESS OF UPGRADING MOBO AND CPU but what i have atm: AMD Phenom ii x6 1090t, Gigabyte 990-fxa-ud3, 16gb Vengeance Ram, 2x EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked (one of them is a signature edition),OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1tb Seagate HDD,  SSD Antec 750 Earthwatts PSU  ALL WATERCOOLED by: Koolance 380A Waterblock, XSPC GTX 680 Full coverage waterblock , Thermaltake p500 pump, Bitspower Mulit 150 Resevoir, PrimoChill Tubing and heaps of xpsc compression fittings 

mate check your in game settings and resolutions. also check the temps of the card, if it is overheating then low performance will ensue 

i checked everything. it was fine a week ago.the card is superclocked and it hits 83 degrees ive seen at max but im watercooling it within the next week when i get the rest of the parts for the loop but something happened i dont know what thats why i need to find out. the resoulution and everthing are fine! it is sooooo strange?

My Rig:

IN PROCESS OF UPGRADING MOBO AND CPU but what i have atm: AMD Phenom ii x6 1090t, Gigabyte 990-fxa-ud3, 16gb Vengeance Ram, 2x EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked (one of them is a signature edition),OCZ Agility 3 120gb, 1tb Seagate HDD,  SSD Antec 750 Earthwatts PSU  ALL WATERCOOLED by: Koolance 380A Waterblock, XSPC GTX 680 Full coverage waterblock , Thermaltake p500 pump, Bitspower Mulit 150 Resevoir, PrimoChill Tubing and heaps of xpsc compression fittings 

just to test i set lowest resolution 800 x 600 and low everything on bf3 and still i get 40fps?????????????? WHAT THE LEGIT FRIG? 

My Rig:

i am going to put in my old 7870 and see what happens. if it is the same story then it most likely is the cpu but if not then the 7870 cause the framerate im getting now with the 680 is what i get with the 7870 aghh what do i do plz help

My Rig:

Make sure both of your CPU & GPU are not throttling under load, we're approaching summer & ambient temperatures are rising, what was a stable overclock 3 weeks ago might not be today.
Also check that you have Anti Aliasing (MSAA) set to x4 or lower in BF3, any higher than that and the 680 will not be able to handle it.

Maybe there are applications in the background unnecessarily using resources. check that only BF3 is the primary program running and close unnecessary background apps. And your 1090t is a capable CPU, I don't see why there would be a bottleneck. Also try putting your memory freq and timings to stock or turn the XMP profile on.

ok set everything to stock voltages and eveything, im not gonna put in old 7870 too much of a hastle and btw im here in Sydney and we are approaching winter so if anything its geting colder so the temps are fine. i pulled out the cpu and cleaned off the old thermal paste and put new stuff on so we will see how it goes. but do you think that i will benifit from a fx-8350 over my 1090t. i am getting seriously bottlenecked on arma 2 i think. very cpu intensive game 

My Rig:

I've got a 1090T myself and i would wait to see how Steamroller turns out but by upgrading to the 8350, you would see a small FPS boost and some improvement in ARMA2 and other CPU bound games.

OK I FIXED IT!!! IT DEFS WAS THE CPU! just becuase i re applied the thermal paste helped everything and reset the cpu to the defaults. i am getting 70fps on the ULTRA preset and i was getting 110 on the low (just to see for the lulz) and the cpu temp only goes up to 55 degrees so watercooling it next week should bring that down a bit. thanks for the thought guys so i learnt now when in doubt turn off the overclock. doesnt rhyme but ohwell haha thanks anyway guys.

My Rig:

Hmm interesting, do still plan to overclock the CPU when you get watercooling?

yea i will have another go at it. well that clock speed that i had it set at before actually wasnt the clock speed setting changed it was the boost clock. i enabled boost clock and set it to x18 and changed the value to 240 or somethin thats probs why it stopped working but it was fine for like a week. probs had enough and decided to take a dump on my performance. oh well i will properly do it when i got the parts. i will do a build log on my youtube channel that i will link in the build log forum section of linus tech tips forum so people can see my rig. i ordered a new case the bitfenix shinobi cause a 360 rad and a 240 arnt going to fit in my lexa s so yeah haha

My Rig:

I am curious to see what clock you get considering the motherboard you have is one version up from mine.

OK I FIXED IT!!! IT DEFS WAS THE CPU! just becuase i re applied the thermal paste helped everything and reset the cpu to the defaults. i am getting 70fps on the ULTRA preset and i was getting 110 on the low (just to see for the lulz) and the cpu temp only goes up to 55 degrees so watercooling it next week should bring that down a bit. thanks for the thought guys so i learnt now when in doubt turn off the overclock. doesnt rhyme but ohwell haha thanks anyway guys.

So it was CPU throttling, good to hear it's resolved now ^_^ .

Are you using it in a PCI-E lane? if so what type of bandwidth is it getting?

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60.