i5 10600k or r5 3600xt

19 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i heard no man sky is quite cpu intensive, so it might be the CPU causing issues

you could upgrade if you think it's worth it, or tried overclocking your cpu?

i just tried the game and the cpu is maxed at 100% so its the cpu

3 minutes ago, Deathstrike said:

i just tried the game and the cpu is maxed at 100% so its the cpu

well if it's the bottleneck then u can upgrade it if you'd like

tho as many other said, new stuffs are coming out, u can wait for then to see if it'll fit in your system, or u can get a 3600(XT) for cheaper

OCing can help raise the bottleneck a bit, but afaik, ryzen OC headroom is very limited

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

well if it's the bottleneck then u can upgrade it if you'd like

tho as many other said, new stuffs are coming out, u can wait for then to see if it'll fit in your system, or u can get a 3600(XT) for cheaper

OCing can help raise the bottleneck a bit, but afaik, ryzen OC headroom is very limited

thanks for the help ill have a look about overclocking

I would go with a 3700x because it has 8 cores and 16 threads like the upcoming consoles, so it would be more future proof. Especially since you could use the same mobo and upgrade to Ryzen 4000 if you so desired. It also has much lower TDP than either, especially the 10600k. It's also cheaper than the 10600k.  

In modern games it performs about equal to a 3600xt, winning in most titles by a slight margin and losing in a few by a slight margin.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB