Very Time Consuming Problem !Urgent Help!

MattEly07

Ok first off, I will log everything I have done to get this thing to work. Lets just say im beyond frustrated and I have worked 4 days on this computer without any results. 

1. It all started when I wanted to upgrade to windows 8. I had the software and everything. I installed windows 8 NOTE I did just hit upgrade I did not do a fresh install., no problems right? well after it finished saying it was installing it rebooted, only problem is that is was stuck in a constant loop. I left it for 40 minutes or so to make sure it wasn't trying to install more but no, it was looping.

2. So i shut the PC down 

3. rebooted

4. says windows 8 was unsuccessful will go back to other os.( win 7 )

5. I waited the day and then decided to try again. 

6. Went to install

7. Starting looping yet again.

8. However when I turned off my pc it never gave me the option to go back to my old OS it just stayed locked on loop. No way to stop it. 

9. I basically resulted in trying to wipe the hard drive because I did not have that many files that were urgent and the ones I did need were backed up. 

10. I tried to format using a windows 7 home premium 64 bit install disk

11. it went threw formatting and said failed at like 80%

12. Went into the command prompt on the win 7 install disk

13. Attempted a format from there

14. got 80% or so done and then error could not format.

14.1 Used Dariks boot and nuke, my always last resort and even that failed after hours on hours of running....

15. I tried to just install windows 7 and see if that would fix it because after those formats my HDD was reading nothing on it at all even though it still said the attempts failed.

16. Windows 7 actually installs *Note* It took an exceedingly amount of time to do so...like 3 hours 

17. I boot into windows thinking I fixed it all and was happy

18. Windows loads again after taking an exceedingly amount of time

19 . I grab my drivers for my r9 270x and begin to install them.

20 After 2 hours past the drivers are still trying to install.

21. Computer freezes

22. Computer crashes 

I have tried swapping the SATA cable on the Hard drive - Fail

I have tried swapping my new GPU with an old one that I had - fail

So basically thats everything off the top of my head that I have done, Please feel free to ask questions. I need this PC up and running real soon. If I need to replace a part I will I just need to know what exactly it is before I buy something I don't need. 

Thanks I very much appreciate it 

i7 2600k , XFX R9 270x  , Corsair cx 500 ,  asrock z77 extreme 3 , 8 gb ripjaws x 1600 , 1 tb WD blue, Cooler master Haf 912 

Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2013 , Razer Naga molten edition 

Hey,

You'll need to determine if the actual hard drive is the problem or if its another part of the system.

If you have a spare or old hard drive (that works) could you put that in your rig and try to install windows on it. If the speed is the same you can look at other components.

You could also try resetting your bios options to default.

Hey,

You'll need to determine if the actual hard drive is the problem or if its another part of the system.

If you have a spare or old hard drive (that works) could you put that in your rig and try to install windows on it. If the speed is the same you can look at other components.

You could also try resetting your bios options to default.

Ok thanks

1. I tried resetting my bios, that was a no go

2. and I sadly don't have any working Hard Drives laying around, I could throw the hard drive into another system however and see if it causes the same problems. Will try that and report back

i7 2600k , XFX R9 270x  , Corsair cx 500 ,  asrock z77 extreme 3 , 8 gb ripjaws x 1600 , 1 tb WD blue, Cooler master Haf 912 

ok well I put the Hard drive in another system and I got the same errors. So I plan to go buy a new Hard Drive tomorrow and see if that fixes everything

+1 to HDD failure, the Win 8 install either pushed it over the edge or it was just a coincidence it decided to fail then.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.