Upgrading my pre-built PC

Im 15 so I am new to all this pc stuff and just want my computer for gaming. I have a prebuilt pc from CyberPower PC I got from Best Buy (I know I shouldn't go there) I was around I think 8 years old when I got the PC. I just got a new graphics card (MSI Geforce GTX 1660 Super) and bought a AMD Ryzen 5 3600. I need a new motherboard but I do not know how to choose the new motherboard nor how to install it. I've watched multiple videos on installing new motherboards on YouTube which all are 2-3 years old but most of the videos are for PC buildings, I am also scared hearing on the videos on how to transfer windows and setup bios stuff. I get very worrisome if things sound hard to me or things that I just don't get and tbh would rather have someone else who  is more experienced than me at choosing and setting up new parts for me. I don't plan on building a new PC because i'm to unskilled for that. I also need a good amount of Ram, and hopefully 1/2tb hard drive/ssd. I am unsure how to install either so I will also have to figure out that.

(If anyone knows any good trustworthy computer store that takes in pcs and builds onto it would be helpful, but i'll be looking at stores near me if there are any.)

Games I'll be playing;

Rainbow Six Siege

Fortnite (Dont judge)

GTA 5 (Five M/LSPDFR)

Watch Dogs 2

Just Cause 3

Skyrim

etc. (I have a lot of games and I like to mod)

Parts I currently have;

Graphics Card: MSI Geforce GTX 1660 Super

Processor: Im not sure what I have on my PC rn but I bought a new AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (AMD RYZEN 3000 DESKTOP READY)

Motherboard: ASUS M5A 78L-M PLUS/USB3 (M-ATX)

Memory: 935 GB drive which only has 21.6 GB left.

Case: I have no clue I can't even find what case this is on Best Buy or CyberPower's website.

(not sure if I need to include this but) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Monitor: SAMSUNG 27" Class Curved 1920x1080 VGA HDMI 60hz 4ms AMD FREESYNC HD LED Monitor - LC27F396FHNXZA

Keyboard: REDRAGON Yama Mechanical (custom purple keys)

Mouse: Came with my computer when bought.

Headset:Turtle Beach Recon 50P Stereo Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4 - Black (Got it for my ps4 originally)

Mic: TONOR Pro Condenser Microphone XLR to 3.5mm (has a lot of white noise but I think I need an addition part to make it sound good but i'm not really sure)

IMG_2218[1].JPG

IMG_2217[1].JPG

IMG_2219[1].JPG

IMG_2221[1].JPG

2 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

What country are you in and how much are you willing to spend?

I'm from the United States. Preferably less than $1000 but I can maybe go higher.

6 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

So your current specs would be very helpful. You bought at a pretty bad time, because there are some new parts coming out which will improve price to performance quite a lot. You can't use your motherboard and CPU without buying new memory, as from looking at the cooler it looks like it's an FX system. You need DDR4 memory, you can pick up a kit for like $60. (8x2 3000mhz). You would get a much better performance increase simply by installing your new graphics card, and you can hold on the CPU and motherboard, return them if you can. Either buy DDR4 RAM so that they work, or return them.

I haven't bought a new motherboard, im looking for a new motherboard so i can install my new Ryzen 5 3600.

12 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Can you return your 3600? You will get better value if you wait two months, and for a 1660S your current CPU is just fine. Do you know how to swap a graphics card and install the proper drivers? I have nothing else to do for the next few hours, I can call you on discord or something.

I already installed my 1660S driver and installed all the drivers needed. My other gpu was old.

8 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Okay, good to hear. What are your full specs including PSU?

I am unsure what my PSU is rn its covered by the case and i don't know how to remove the cover other than the tempered glass.

My mobo is Asus m5a 78l-m plus/usb3 am3.

I have a fx-6300 3.5ghz cpu

I installed a geforce gtx 1660s

930 gb drive

and i think 4 gb ram (might be 8 but i cant read it)

IMG_1989[1].JPG

On 7/18/2020 at 5:33 PM, Joshie_Boi said:

I get very worrisome if things sound hard to me or things that I just don't get and tbh would rather have someone else who  is more experienced than me at choosing and setting up new parts for me.

You could do it on your own it is easier then you think and you could save some money. 

13 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Okay, good to hear. What are your full specs including PSU?

I have a 450w psu

20 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

A FX-6300 is fine with a 1660S. You basically have a few options:

Keep using your PC as is and return the 3600

Build what would basically be a brand new PC (only thing what would be the same is PSU and case) with your 3600

Return the 3600 and wait for the new launches, and then plus some for prices to come down, and then do the above.

when ever i use the 3600 it has to much of a load on it so i can barely run any game. I got my 3600 from amazon and i want to keep the 3600, I cant spend a lot of money because my parents wont let me so id rather just get a new mobo so it lasts longer

On 7/18/2020 at 8:26 PM, BlueScope819 said:

A FX-6300 is fine with a 1660S. You basically have a few options:

Keep using your PC as is and return the 3600

Build what would basically be a brand new PC (only thing what would be the same is PSU and case) with your 3600

Return the 3600 and wait for the new launches, and then plus some for prices to come down, and then do the above.

do you know any good micro atx motherboards for the amd ryzen 5

21 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Unfortunately you are currently in a bit of a tough situation. You have a solid CPU, the 3600, but you need a new motherboard and new RAM in order to use it. You are looking at a total cost of around $180 ($120 for the board, $60 for the RAM) in order to start using it. What country / state are you in? (To determine if you have access to a Microcenter)

It looks like your case is ATX but CyberPower decided to put a mATX board in there for whatever reason. I would recommend a B450 Tomahawk MAX.

Thank you so much. Do you have any recommended brands for ram or just choose whats best for mobo?

On 7/19/2020 at 3:33 AM, Joshie_Boi said:

Im 15 so I am new to all this pc stuff and just want my computer for gaming. I have a prebuilt pc from CyberPower PC I got from Best Buy (I know I shouldn't go there) I was around I think 8 years old when I got the PC. I just got a new graphics card (MSI Geforce GTX 1660 Super) and bought a AMD Ryzen 5 3600. I need a new motherboard but I do not know how to choose the new motherboard nor how to install it. I've watched multiple videos on installing new motherboards on YouTube which all are 2-3 years old but most of the videos are for PC buildings, I am also scared hearing on the videos on how to transfer windows and setup bios stuff. I get very worrisome if things sound hard to me or things that I just don't get and tbh would rather have someone else who  is more experienced than me at choosing and setting up new parts for me. I don't plan on building a new PC because i'm to unskilled for that. I also need a good amount of Ram, and hopefully 1/2tb hard drive/ssd. I am unsure how to install either so I will also have to figure out that.

(If anyone knows any good trustworthy computer store that takes in pcs and builds onto it would be helpful, but i'll be looking at stores near me if there are any.)

Games I'll be playing;

Rainbow Six Siege

Fortnite (Dont judge)

GTA 5 (Five M/LSPDFR)

Watch Dogs 2

Just Cause 3

Skyrim

etc. (I have a lot of games and I like to mod)

Parts I currently have;

Graphics Card: MSI Geforce GTX 1660 Super

Processor: Im not sure what I have on my PC rn but I bought a new AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (AMD RYZEN 3000 DESKTOP READY)

Motherboard: ASUS M5A 78L-M PLUS/USB3 (M-ATX)

Memory: 935 GB drive which only has 21.6 GB left.

Case: I have no clue I can't even find what case this is on Best Buy or CyberPower's website.

(not sure if I need to include this but) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Monitor: SAMSUNG 27" Class Curved 1920x1080 VGA HDMI 60hz 4ms AMD FREESYNC HD LED Monitor - LC27F396FHNXZA

Keyboard: REDRAGON Yama Mechanical (custom purple keys)

Mouse: Came with my computer when bought.

Headset:Turtle Beach Recon 50P Stereo Gaming Headset for PlayStation 4 - Black (Got it for my ps4 originally)

Mic: TONOR Pro Condenser Microphone XLR to 3.5mm (has a lot of white noise but I think I need an addition part to make it sound good but i'm not really sure)

IMG_2218[1].JPG

IMG_2217[1].JPG

IMG_2219[1].JPG

IMG_2221[1].JPG

ahh.... its not really a good idea building a pc right now.... new cpus and gpu are pretty much right around the corner but if you do have the time then wait.

im sure after amd's new cpu line old b450 boards will drop a bit in prices so you could get a solid board for you 3600.

although, if your 3600 is still in the box, return it and wait for the new amd 4000 cpu series

that 1660 super is a mid range card and if i was in your place, i would sell it and add a bit of money to a 2060s/2070s as im sure they'll drop in prices after the new ampere and big navi release and since they are discontinued so stores will probably try to get rid of the cheaper models (twin fans and lower end triple fans)

as for ram - the minimum now days is a 16gb kit with 2 sticks of 8gb each clocked at least at 3200mhz and cl16 - its the sweat spot right now.

and the psu, not sure what you have right now but if you will end up selling your 1660 super for a 2060s or 2070s, a 650w gold psu is highly recommended but even a high quality 550w gold will be excellent.

and for storage - just buy a good high speed m.2 ssd or even a cheaper sata one. the performance increase is insane

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee