Excel Conditional Formatting Formula Help

RumSwift
Go to solution Solved by IntMD,

My excel is pretty rusty for stuff like this, but i think you want something like this in the conditional formatting as the formula, and you'll need to do another rule for Set 2 but pretty much the same deal but different for the set two relative cells and name, where the C2:C35 is the range of your values so you could probably do the whole column if needed.

=IF(AND($O$3="Set One"),((C2:C35)>$L$3))

Hey,

Wondering if any Excel wizards can help me out here.

I'm working on a sheet for a project and I need to set certain cells to highlight when their value is higher than one of two numbers in a data set depending on the current selection of a drop down box.

To explain it a little better:

• I have data in row C from cell 2 through to 26 and they're a percentage between 0% and 100%.
  • I then have 2 sets of fixed data. For example; Set One is 50% and Set Two is 30%.
  • I have a validated cell showing either "Set One" or "Set Two" selected by a drop down.

What I need to happen is; If the drop down is set to "Set One" I need the data in C2:C26 to highlight green only if it's greater than 50%. If the drop down is set to "Set Two" I need the data C2:C26 to highlight green only if it's greater than 30%.

The percentage for Set One and Set Two could change though, so I can't do it based off a static value, I'll need use use the cell value.

I tried setting up conditional formatting for "Highlight Cell Rule > Greater than" and using this formula in the "Greater than" option:

=IF(O3="Set One", $L$3, $L$4)

This didn't seem to work unfortunately. 

Any ideas on how this could be achieved? I've made a mock sheet as well (It's a work project, can't post the actual sheet/data for obvious reasons) to try and visualize it as sometimes I can be bad at explaining things:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dc4b771dc0e14cd0f94677e26b3f56a4.png

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

My excel is pretty rusty for stuff like this, but i think you want something like this in the conditional formatting as the formula, and you'll need to do another rule for Set 2 but pretty much the same deal but different for the set two relative cells and name, where the C2:C35 is the range of your values so you could probably do the whole column if needed.

16 hours ago, IntMD said:

Sorry for the late reply.

This works perfectly! Saved my weekend!

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

No worries... Glad it works, had to dig that from the depths of my mind while I was bored at work waiting for Friday to end