Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) - CPU power problem

Go to solution Solved by JayEee,

I left the cable in the other case 🤦‍♂️

Its booting now, thanks 👍

I transferred this mobo into a new Silverstone GD10 case, but when it powers up it shows a red CPU error LED.

When I plug the PCI-E cable into the CPU power plug 12V_ATX, the system doesnt power up at all and I hear a slight clicking sound every few seconds.

I'm sure I plugged the 6 PCI-E pins in the last case that way, and left the two hanging. Those two pins dont fit, the rounded pin is the wrong way.

The back of the PSU shows "CPU / PCIE, so same cable right?

20200717_202935.jpg

20200717_202153.jpg

Logi MX KEYS - high quality low profile membrane keyboard  - perfect for gaming imo 🙂

26 minutes ago, JayEee said:

I transferred this mobo into a new Silverstone GD10 case, but when it powers up it shows a red CPU error LED.

When I plug the PCI-E cable into the CPU power plug 12V_ATX, the system doesnt power up at all and I hear a slight clicking sound every few seconds.

I'm sure I plugged the 6 PCI-E pins in the last case that way, and left the two hanging. Those two pins dont fit, the rounded pin is the wrong way.

The back of the PSU shows "CPU / PCIE, so same cable right?

image.png.2f4b6948cf62e7daae77d139908a5f14.png

That isn't an EPS connector, that's why... it's for a graphics card.

Find one that has a 4+4 style connector.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

This is a pcie connector not an eps connector. Find one that says cpu or breaks into a 4+4. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I left the cable in the other case 🤦‍♂️

Its booting now, thanks 👍

Logi MX KEYS - high quality low profile membrane keyboard  - perfect for gaming imo 🙂