Build

Motherboard b450m 

GPU 2080 ti

CPU Ryzen 5 3600

PSU EVGA 1000w

Ram 32gb 3200 corsair rgb

Storage 2tb seagate baracuda,

256gb samsung sata ssd (boot drive)

I installed a 1tb xpg Gammix brand m.2 nvme 1.3 ssd today and at first all was well. I transferred a game onto it and tried it out to see the load times and it had improved in speed. Afterwards I had problems transferring a game over so I deleted it from my HDD and began to redownload it onto my m.2. In the middle of the download my power goes out for 5 seconds and when I try to power back on, I get stuck on the "Press F2 or DEL to go into UEFI BIOS" screen and it doesn't do anything when I press those keys. When I remove the m.2, the PC begins to boot like normal but when I reinstall it, it still wont boot. Any help would be appreciated. (still relatively new to building pcs, this is my first build and I paid a friend to build it for me but I have upgraded it myself from then on)

can you inter bios when ssd is in your pc?

in any way?

Edited by mahyar

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

yes, but when the m.2 is installed I get stuck on the enter Bios screen, it seems to be frozen and isn't recognizing my keystrokes. When I remove It I can enter the Bios. 

2 minutes ago, c3dric69 said:

Remove the boot ssd and try to install windows on the m.2.

Is there a way I can just keep my sata ssd as the boot drive and utilize my m.2 for storage?

do you have another m.2 slot on your mobo? try ssd in that

9 minutes ago, mahyar said:

can you inter bios when ssd is in your pc?

in any way?

yes, but when the m.2 is installed I get stuck on the enter Bios screen, it seems to be frozen and isn't recognizing my keystrokes. When I remove It I can enter the Bios. 

Just now, mahyar said:

do you have another m.2 slot on your mobo? try ssd in that

I only have 1 m.2 slot pcie 3.0

Just now, MinatoNamikaze said:

Is there a way I can just keep my sata ssd as the boot drive and utilize my m.2 for storage?

yes if you can reformat it he said install windows to restore ssd

2 minutes ago, mahyar said:

Ok will try tomorrow. I have a new mobo coming in tomorrow (asus tuf b55om) because this mobo was on the more budget side and was giving me problems with the rgb header. Will install tomorrow and see if the problem persists. Also my friend installed windows for me, so I am unfamiliar with the process. Do I need a copy of windows on a USB?

Just now, MinatoNamikaze said:

Ok will try tomorrow. I have a new mobo coming in tomorrow (asus tuf b55om) because this mobo was on the more budget side and was giving me problems with the rgb header. Will install tomorrow and see if the problem persists. Also my friend installed windows for me, so I am unfamiliar with the process. Do I need a copy of windows on a USB?

Yes; you can find the downloader on Microsoft's website. I'd want to note that maybe the new SSD is broken; since you said you couldn't play games on it as well. Good luck tho. 🙂

i suggest you wait until tomorrow and test ssd in new motherboard and again if you have problem tell us here we will help you :)

Just now, c3dric69 said:

Yes; you can find the downloader on Microsoft's website. I'd want to note that maybe the new SSD is broken; since you said you couldn't play games on it as well. Good luck tho. 🙂

Cool Thank you. Also I was able to successfully transfer and play destiny 2 and saw noticeable improvements in load times. Afterwards I try to install COD and my power went out in the middle of the download. Could that have broken the m.2 ssd? 

7 minutes ago, mahyar said:

i suggest you wait until tomorrow and test ssd in new motherboard and again if you have problem tell us here we will help you :)

Sounds good Ill check back here tomorrow, Thank you guys for the help :) 

7 minutes ago, MinatoNamikaze said:

Cool Thank you. Also I was able to successfully transfer and play destiny 2 and saw noticeable improvements in load times. Afterwards I try to install COD and my power went out in the middle of the download. Could that have broken the m.2 ssd? 

it can cause data begin corrupted but killing ssd is unlikely 

Edited by mahyar

46 minutes ago, mahyar said:

when I remove my sata ssd and install windows onto my m.2, will that basically be a fresh install of windows and like my pc is new since it doesn't have the old OS on it? What will happen when I plug in the sata ssd again? 

you have a dual boot! you can boot into both ssds

you dont need to install windows on m.2 if with your new motherboard can boot into windows with m.2 ssd connected 

Hmm the Adata SSDs / XPG SSDs have a reputation to fail, not reliable at all. I have a Gammix SSD which failed on the very first day, and later read a lot about them and got to know they are not as good. The usual problem will start from them disappearing in the BIOS, and later if you manage to get it up and running, keep a watch for random freezes and BDOS with error "WHEA Uncorrectable Error", this is when you have to send it back for repair.

Not trying to scare you, but it is what it is, and just keep a lookout for the above 2 issues which is an indication that the controller on the drive is faulty.

I am very disappointed with Adata SSDs.