no post after days of troubleshooting

ok so this is gonna be a bit of a long one but ill try to shorten it as much as possible.

for a long time my computer was working fine great even but then I accidentally installed a bad stick of ram and that killed it

i obviously pulled the bad stick out but to no avail. After that i started troubleshooting the rest of the memory starting with pulling out all but one stick and cycling it through each dimm slot and then repeating the process for each known good module being sure to use the memok function on my motherboard on each configuration but still nothing worked/

the post code is 53 which means memory initialization error but the interesting thing is even with no ram installed its the same code when in that case it should be 55

this started to lead me to believe it was possibly the motherboard or even the cpu causing the issue so i cleared the CMOS  which didn't work so then i reseated the cpu being sure to check all contact pins and pads and even though they were fine this still didn't fix anything

system info:

CPU: intel 5930k

mobo: asus rampage v extreme

memory: 16gb corsair vengeance lpx 2666

GPU: 980 ti

PSU: corsair ax1200i

I am completely out of ideas here so any help would be appreciated 

Next best thing to do is try a different processor. Then you can rule out the Cpu or motherboard.