Rtx 2060 randomly acting weird

I have an rtx 2060, which is quite new (1 month). All was completely fine until today. The pc runs fine, but as soon as i start up fortnite my screen goes black until i restart. I can also hear it going full blast with the fans. I cant check msi afterburner during the game cause its black but before the game it was at 51 C so i doubt its an overheating issue. Could this be something other than the graphics card causing this because its a new gpu it would make no sense for it to malfunction already

For reference here are my specs:

asus h270 plus motherboard

i7 6700 with cpu with stock air cooler

gigabyte windforce rtx 2060 v2 6gb

evga 750w

500gb nvme ssd wd blue

1tb hard drive idk the name

First I would try reinstalling drivers. If that does nothing, try reseating the gpu (taking it out and putting it back), if problems persist try anther pcie slot, if nothing changes, I would contact the manufacturer to get the card replaced.

I have seen issues like this come up a lot with outdated gpu drivers, I would go into the nvidia geforce experience app if you have it to install the latest ones, otherwise you can get the latest drivers from their website here https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

46 minutes ago, thedangerine said:

I have seen issues like this come up a lot with outdated gpu drivers, I would go into the nvidia geforce experience app if you have it to install the latest ones, otherwise you can get the latest drivers from their website here https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?

Thx for the reply, here are some updates:

The issue is still here even after updating all drivers

the issue is still here when using another pcie slot

My gpu functions normally until put under stress in a game, the fans sometimes dont even spin because the temps are so low

It seems as though the gpu suddenly goes up to 100% whenever i load up a game

Another update:

I moved my gpu cable from VGA 1 to VGA 2 on the PSU and i was able to run fortnite normally, however i had very little testing time so i am unsure if this is the permanent fix. Either way thanks to everyone who took the time to assist with this situation.