how do i get a new WIFI IP address?

dreamcast4599

is there any way to get my wireless modem router combination device to give me a new IP address for my wifi? for context im hooking up my old iphone device to my network/internet to mess around with it but its having issues connecting to the current ip address that the wfifi router/modem has given me. last time i had this issue all i had to do was request a new ip address and it fixed the issue only idk how to do this?

for ethernet it was as simple as going into command prompt but how do i do this to my wifi router?

i tried logging into facebook on my iphone and it kicked me out i can log in on a data connection but my data plan is only 1gig a month hence why i wanna use wifi but because of the ip address facebook kicks me out i can only assume it thinks the ip adress is from a spammer idk

on my AT&T data plan all works and i can log in fine but i dont wanna use my data plan since it has limited data any tips thanks

Go on a Windows device and open cmd, then fill out "ipconfig /all"

You will get a list with all your network info, look for Default gateway.

Fill the IP listed out in your browser and login with the information that you probably have somewhere in the manual or on the router.

Somewhere in your router you can prereserve DHCP adresses, enter your phone its MAC ID and give it a different IP adress.

Not sure where you are located but I am from the Netherlands and this works here. So I'm not sure if it works for you but this does the trick for me.

Or it might even help to just 'Forget the network' on your phone and fill out the password again. This way the DHCP might give it a different IP

1 minute ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Go on a Windows device and open cmd, then fill out "ipconfig /all"

You will get a list with all your network info, look for Default gateway.

Fill the IP listed out in your browser and login with the information that you probably have somewhere in the manual or on the router.

Somewhere in your router you can prereserve DHCP adresses, enter your phone its MAC ID and give it a different IP adress.

Not sure where you are located but I am from the Netherlands and this works here. So I'm not sure if it works for you but this does the trick for me.

im in the usa cant i just unplug the modem for a while then plug it back in to get a new ip address?

1 minute ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Do you mean your external IP or internal IP?

@CoinDuckling369  im talking about the ip address my wifi router sends out to my iphone when i access the wifi for internet or for apps that are connected to my wifi

39 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

im talking about the ip address my wifi router sends out to my iphone when i access the wifi for internet or for apps that are connected to my wifi

https://ident.me/ will tell you your public IP address.

43 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

im in the usa cant i just unplug the modem for a while then plug it back in to get a new ip address?

It depends. Your ISP will usually give you a new public IP address after being offline for a specific duration. Your router will give you a new private IP address after a specific duration offline as well (usually 24 minutes). These are two separate things. https://www.iplocation.net/public-vs-private-ip-address

Your ISP may let you manually release/renew your public IP address in your router, or you may be able to power cycling your ONT if you have one.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

Allright yes you can try that but I would certainly try to forget the network on your phone first, because the phone requests the IP from the modem and the modem will send one from the DHCP. So just forget the network and fill the password out again.

I need to catch some sleep now, it's 12:27 AM right now where I live, so good luck

1 hour ago, PorkishPig said:

https://ident.me/ will tell you your public IP address.

It depends. Your ISP will usually give you a new public IP address after being offline for a specific duration. Your router will give you a new private IP address after a specific duration offline as well (usually 24 minutes). These are two separate things. https://www.iplocation.net/public-vs-private-ip-address

Your ISP may let you manually release/renew your public IP address in your router, or you may be able to power cycling your ONT if you have one.

i may just unplug the router and wait a few mins to renew the ip address but before i do that im gonna check the ip address of my iphone so i can compare it ot see if it changed