windows keeps switching power plan

Flyingraccoons2

I have the newest version of windows. I have it on the high performance plan, but sometimes it switches to power saver when I put the computer to sleep or not gaming. How do I keep it from doing that?

2 hours ago, Flyingraccoons2 said:

I have the newest version of windows. I have it on the high performance plan, but sometimes it switches to power saver when I put the computer to sleep or not gaming. How do I keep it from doing that?

You have a software that does the switch. Remove it or change its configuration.

The recommended profile is Balance. High Performance does not gain additional actual performance over Balance, you are just wasting power, generating heat, making more fan noise, while browsing folders or the web, things which doesn't need a system peeking clocks at max.

On laptops, you increase system heat, which only makes your system not Turbo Boost at high clocks as much or at all (depending on the cooling solution), reducing performance.

I figured it out. When you launch beamng.drive (its the only game I have that it does this) it switches to high performance, but when you close the game, it doesn't switch back. Now I need to figure out why it does this and how to fix it.