Prolimatech Heatsinks Inside A Define R4

First post here, but long time follower of LinusTechTips (in a totally non-stalker way, I swear).

Anywho, I've finally gotten around to start seriously planning the build that has been stuck in my head for the last few months. My idea is to use not only a Megahalems CPU heatsink inside a Fractal Design Define R4, but also Prolimatech's mk-26 VGA cooler. I've checked the measurements with the Megahalems, and I know that will fit in the case, but the big question is if the mk-26 will have enough room. I've looked around the web trying to find answers, but the closest I've gotten is confirmation that it will fit in an Arc Midi R2, which has about 10mm more clearance than the Define R4. Shown here...

2723db74__dsc1219ukqf9.jpeg

So can an mk-26 fit inside a Define R4? Has anybody here tried?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Okay, so I think I found the answer to my own question. The mk-26 is 146mm deep. The max clearance height for CPU coolers in a Define R4 is 170mm. So that's 24mm of space to work with. Looking at this following picture, the difference between the base of the cooler and the base of the video card looks less than that 24mm.

8eed0677__dsc11956xr1j.jpeg

So, unless I'm missing something completely obvious, (which I might; this is my first build) then it should fit.

Mother of god, that looks beautiful!

Mother of god, that looks beautiful!

Yeah, it really does. I randomly found this build here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1375229/asus-gtx-670-dcu-ii-with-prolimatech-mk-26 while I was searching for other builds that have used Prolimatech Black Megahalems' and/or Black mk-26's. I like using this guy's build as a reference, because he not only has both those coolers that I will be using, but he's using an ASUS GTX 670 and Corsair AF and SP fans, also of which I will be using. Mine will be a black and white build, and not a black and red build, however. But yeah, it's a pretty build.  :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow,i was looking on google images and stumbled on this and my god is this thing amazing.Great job dude.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...