Some things to Know about the emerging Telegram

chitranjan

Telegram Features

Privacy Telegram messages are heavily encrypted and can self-destruct.

Cloud based lets you access your messages from multiple devices.

Fast delivers messages faster than any other application.

Free Its free forever. No ads. No subscription fees.

Security the app is so secure that they claim to pay $200,000 in BTC (bit coin) to the first hack who will hack it. If you are interested in hacking it go here

you can send your usual videos and photos, but you can also send doc, zip, mp3, almost every file can be sent over it but there is a size limit of 1 GB

Source here

inb4 the nsa is 200k usd richer

Nah they wouldn't claim it would they, they'd let them keep the money and abuse the exploit until someone else found it.

This is not secure, Steve Gibson gave it a break down.  This is an over view.

"BUT... the most bizarre home-grown security protocol I've ever seen.

○ AES-IGE: Infinite Garble Extension
○ SHA-1 (which is no longer sufficiently secure) was used in the name of
performance... thus sacrificing the security they claim to treasure.
○ Then, they use that SHA-1 to hash the plaintext for the generation of the
encryption key. WHAT??"

This is not secure, Steve Gibson gave it a break down.  This is an over view.

"BUT... the most bizarre home-grown security protocol I've ever seen.

○ AES-IGE: Infinite Garble Extension
○ SHA-1 (which is no longer sufficiently secure) was used in the name of
performance... thus sacrificing the security they claim to treasure.
○ Then, they use that SHA-1 to hash the plaintext for the generation of the
encryption key. WHAT??"

If you claim it to be so inefficient at being secure, why are you not $200,000 dollars richer yet?

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

If you claim it to be so inefficient at being secure, why are you not $200,000 dollars richer yet?

It might be a similar reason as to why we claim Justin Bieber is an awful musician, yet we don't make any platinum albums. 

You should listen to the Security Now episode, it is talked about a lot. Go to 44:00 minutes http://twit.tv/show/security-now/444 also read this article.   http://unhandledexpression.com/2013/12/17/telegram-stand-back-we-know-maths/

You should listen to the Security Now episode, it is talked about a lot. Go to 44:00 minutes http://twit.tv/show/security-now/444 also read this article.   http://unhandledexpression.com/2013/12/17/telegram-stand-back-we-know-maths/

I see......

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

Now I just need to learn how to crack in  a small amount of time and I could be rich.