Control Non PWM fan (3 pins) on MSI A320m pro mobo

ZerosTech

Id like to ask if there is a possible way to control 3 pin fans on my a320m pro mobo. As of now it is all connected to molex which is irritating because of the noise. Please help

You can plug it Into a controller that has a 3pin fan header on it.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

You can plug it into the SYS_FAN1 connector on the board and let the BIOS handle it.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

You can plug it into the SYS_FAN1

3 pin does work with 4 pin headers but afaik it will spin at 100% all the time and there is no control over it.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

3 pin does work with 4 pin headers but afaik it will spin at 100% all the time and there is no control over it.

That depends on wether or not the BIOS fan control supports both PWM and DC. I'm pretty sure MSIs fan control supports it.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Not true, currently have three 3-pin PWM fans plugged into 4-pin sys fan headers. As long as you plug it into the correct 3 pins (indicated by the notches) you can control speeds in the BIOS

Gigabyte B85M D3H

20 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Not true, currently have three 3-pin PWM fans plugged into 4-pin sys fan headers. As long as you plug it into the correct 3 pins (indicated by the notches) you can control speeds in the BIOS

Gigabyte B85M D3H

So i can buy a fan hub controller plug it to sys_fan1 and support it with sata to control voltage ? I can control sys_fan on bios but non are connected as of now still using molex

7 hours ago, ZerosTech said:

So i can buy a fan hub controller plug it to sys_fan1 and support it with sata to control voltage ? I can control sys_fan on bios but non are connected as of now still using molex

How many fans? You could just buy 3-ways splitter. And besides that, you have the CPU header too. Though so if you would get new PWM fans, you could get splitter to that too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv