UPS & Stabilizer

Poinkachu

Hi guys, First of all sorry if this is posted on the wrong thread.. I couldn't choose more fitting one than this one.

My old PC used a stabilizer due to the high UPS price back then, and now I got one for the new PC. I gave the old PC to my brother, and since lately he kinda lost his work due to sudden blackout, I was thinking to use the UPS for both PC. But..., I kinda feel wasting the stabilizer in doing so, since it is still working quite well eventhough it's an old one.

And so, I'd like to ask if it's okay to use a UPS (Non-Online one) and stabilizer together for PC, or the UPS alone already acts like a stabilizer?  and if it is ok to use both in chain, what's the proper setup for it (Wall Outlet -> Stab -> UPS -> PC?) ??

My UPS is just a local brand or South-East Asia brand (i think), Prolink PRO1201SFCU

https://prolink2u.com/product/super-fast-charging-line-interactive-series/

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 minute ago, Poinkachu said:

Hi guys, First of all sorry if this is posted on the wrong thread.. I couldn't choose more fitting one than this one.

My old PC used a stabilizer due to the high UPS price back then, and now I got one for the new PC. I gave the old PC to my brother, and since lately he kinda lost his work due to sudden blackout, I was thinking to use the UPS for both PC. But..., I kinda feel wasting the stabilizer in doing so, since it is still working quite well eventhough it's an old one.

And so, I'd like to ask if it's okay to use a UPS (Non-Online one) and stabilizer together for PC, or the UPS alone already acts like a stabilizer?  and if it is ok to use both in chain, what's the proper setup for it (Wall Outlet -> Stab -> UPS -> PC?) ??

My UPS is just a local brand or South-East Asia brand (i think), Prolink PRO1201SFCU

https://prolink2u.com/product/super-fast-charging-line-interactive-series/

There's not really any need to use the stabilizer on either a line-interactive or an online UPS, the only reason to use it maybe for a standby UPS unit that does not have any means to regulate voltages and can only switch over to battery.

The one you linked seems to be a line-interactive unit, so there wouldn't really be any benefit to using the stabilizer with it.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

A UPS already smooths out the incoming power before delivering it to your devices. This can be helpful if you deal with dirty power or brownouts. If anything it'd probably be advisable not to try to run the two in series.

Ahh I see, I am now more knowledgeable about these things. xD

I guess I'll just try to find something in my house that needs stabilizer. lol

Thank you for spending your time to answer my question guys. ❤️

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.