Who's into Guitars?

madman1876

Anyone here play bass, acoustic or electric wanna have a little chat?

Loves PC Games :D

Used to play bass yeeeears ago, thinking on getting back into it next year when I move out, what a great instrument.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

i cant read guitar tab :( but i can sorta play

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Played Bass, pretty cool but didn't have the time 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I play every now and again, much more often when I'm not in the middle of a semester. I have an Ibanez Gio that I got around six years ago.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I play guitar each and every day, absolutely love my Parker Fly Deluxe and there's no way I can leave it on the stand for 24 hours. :)

What type of guitar is that?

I have a dozen guitars mostly electric hanging in the wall of my room, play most every day.

so you play acoustic or bass too?

I pretend to, I have about 8 guitars because I love them.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

so you play acoustic or bass too?

ya i play acoustic, i know how to play bass buy i don't own one

I'm thinking about starting out with the acoustic what do you think?

I'm thinking about starting out with the acoustic what do you think?

personally i think for starting out acoustic is the better choice, certain skills like greater string pressure for better intonation will be easier and the transition once you do switch over is easier than vice versa.

personally i think for starting out acoustic is the better choice, certain skills like greater string pressure for better intonation will be easier and the transition once you do switch over is easier than vice versa.

The bass and electric are probably two of my favourite instruments but i decided to go with the acoustic first as I suspected that it would be a good gateway.

The bass and electric are probably two of my favourite instruments but i decided to go with the acoustic first as I suspected that it would be a good gateway.

you could if you wanted start out with electric but as you said but its best to build a foundation with an acoustic.

Not the prettiest of things but damn it plays so freakin well.

79830_l.jpg

Decided to look this up on amazon. Well the least I can say is that I cant afford a car yet so this may be a few cents above my budget so no biggie

Decided to look this up on amazon. Well the least I can say is that I cant afford a car yet so this may be a few cents above my budget so no biggie

Haha. :D I got mine very cheap second hand, I reckon I paid about 800 dollars for it. It's from 1995 and has a bit (not much) of road wear, hence the low price, however this doesn't matter to as it plays unbelievably well and I love it to death. :D

Haha. :D I got mine very cheap second hand, I reckon I paid about 800 dollars for it. It's from 1995 and has a bit (not much) of road wear, hence the low price, however this doesn't matter to as it plays unbelievably well and I love it to death. :D

is this base btw or regular electric?

Regular electric guitar of course.

Apart from the stunning beauty of that guitar, what else separates it from something much cheaper like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Special-Electric-Vintage-Sunburst/dp/B0002CZUV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393807832&sr=8-1&keywords=electric+guitar

Build quality and the sound it produces?

Apart from the stunning beauty of that guitar, what else separates it from something much cheaper like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Special-Electric-Vintage-Sunburst/dp/B0002CZUV0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393807832&sr=8-1&keywords=electric+guitar

Sound and build quality is definitely a big player, on top of that you get different features with different guitars. The biggest thing however is the "action". If you have ever played an expensive and a cheap guitar you will notice that they feel significantly (actually more like SIGNIFICANTLY) different. The expensive instruments are generally waaaaaaay easier to play.

when you buy a higher priced guitar you are paying for higher quality tone woods, paint quality and features like flamed maple tops, better pickups, features such as coil tapping, phase switching, more or different pickups, tremomo, better build quality (theres a reason why Gibson customs and other hand made guitars cost so much).

The list can go on and on, you are paying for a better guitar when you pay more, and sometimes for a name or where its made.