Who's into Guitars?

madman1876

Sound and build quality is definitely a big player, on top of that you get different features with different guitars. The biggest thing however is the "action". If you have ever played an expensive and a cheap guitar you will notice that they feel significantly (actually more like SIGNIFICANTLY) different. The expensive instruments are generally waaaaaaay easier to play.

hey I almost said just what you did

I gotta say those Parker guitars can do some crazy shit! I'd love to have one (the piezo pick up is awesome) but can't justify the cost! I have a 70's P-Bass, a 70's music master, Tobias bass, a Martin 001M acoustic and a Mexican strat. When it comes to guitars I don't use a pick (finger-pick)...I'd be a crime for me to have a Parker.

About action- every once in a blue moon. Ya ever come across some "low(er) end" model that plays so well you think the manufacturer messed up?

I gotta say those Parker guitars can do some crazy shit! I'd love to have one (the piezo pick up is awesome) but can't justify the cost! I have a 70's P-Bass, a 70's music master, Tobias bass, a Martin 001M acoustic and a Mexican strat. When it comes to guitars I don't use a pick (finger-pick)...I'd be a crime for me to have a Parker.

About action- every once in a blue moon. Ya ever come across some "low(er) end" model that plays so well you think the manufacturer messed up?

The parkers aren't good with fingers?

Loves PC Games :D

I play my lovely fender fat strat into one of my 2 home made amps or my Marshall JVM1H head that is then plugged into a Marshall 4x12 1960 cab.

I listen to a lot of metal, so that is what I play atm.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

last time I was at guitar center I played a martin dx1 they were asking 500 which could definitely be found cheaper. it sounded about as good to my ear as every other acoustic there including the $3000 martins and gibsons. I have an older DX1 that I managed to get for $250 off of ebay, made back when they were USA both are amazing acoustics for the money,

For carter style finger picking the neck on electric guitars is too thin. It's not a hard set rule (listen to fleetwood mac) but it's really difficult playing alternating bass /w the thumb while doing melody with a thin neck.