Frostwire brining bitcoin to BitTorrent

While BitTorrent has been a great medium for small bands/video producers and the like to share their work, it's always had the flaw of not being very friendly for receiving any kind of donations or funds to allow them to go full-time. 
Bitcoin has certainly helped in this regard, but with FrostWire, they're integrating bitcoin (and other Crypto's) with BitTorrent, to make it considerably easier to donate directly to someone for their work.

Could become another rival to YouTube, at least, that's my hope!

Source on CoinDesk

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

I'm skeptical of how people will interact with it, to most people AFAIK Bittorrent is just a Utorrent client and watching a % until it hits 100 then either leaving it to seed or dropping out of the swarm.

If it evolves into tracker/uploader tipping then it could as the article says effect funding of scene (pirated) material ending up on TPB even more quickly than usual.

Personally I think it will evolve into nothing and die.

Yes, for the 'illegal' stuff, sure, most likely want to break that connection asap to keep the feds away. For legal stuff that they like and are willing to support enough to pay for, I'm sure they'll seed to 100% of download at least.

It's about just Frostwire though Jake, if one's doing it, then others will surely follow and HOPEFULLY it'll be cross-client and integrated into the magnet.

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)