Incredibly poor ASRock Support

DaveAlan

My initial email to ASRock Support - I purchased a B450m Steel Legend motherboard, a new Ryzen 7 3700X CPU with Cooler and new ram to upgrade a gaming computer. We installed all the new hardware per the instructions and found that the Cooler LED lights worked but the fan did not turn. I called AMD last Friday 7/3 and the rep advised that based on the setup we had a BIOS compatibility issue. I asked how can that be, the ASRock box states "AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready"?? The AMD rep advised that unless the B450m could accept a USB BIOS Flashback we would need to use a Boot Kit. AMD could send us a temporary Boot Kit but only if i provide them with "a summary or copy of the communication with ASRock where you explain why the Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) is not suitable. Please assist ASAP with the required confirmation. Thanks.

Response from ASRock Support-
Since your motherboard needs bios update ,you have 3 options about it

1st return your motherboard to the vendor and ask for new replacement with bios update

2nd contact AMD and ask for kit to update bios and use with your cpu.

3rd send the motherboard to us (ASRock America) and we do update the BIOS( you pay for shipping to ASRock and ASRock pay for shipping back ) .

Please let us know the option you select .

My response to ASRock Support- Ok, here is my issue. As the customer, I have already purchased your product that claimed to be compatible with the AMD CPU and I paid shipping to your partner vendor.

Solutions 1 & 3 would have me paying additional money just to end up with hardware that works?

1st return your motherboard to the vendor and ask for new replacement with bios update

1. Provantage, your vendor partner insists I pay shipping should I wish to return the item for a refund. Not even sure if they would agree to replace with a BIOS updated motherboard as you describe.

2nd contact AMD and ask for kit to update bios and use with your cpu.

2. As described in my initial email to ASRock, AMD will send a Boot Kit if you confirm that the ASRock motherboard cannot accept the USB BIOS Flashback. If I share your 3 below options the will expect me to select 1 or 3 to avoid cost to them.

3rd send the motherboard to us (ASRock America) and we do update the BIOS( you pay for shipping to ASRock and ASRock pay for shipping back ) .

3. It makes no sense that I should have to pay additional money for shipping to have your product updated to be workable when it is sold to be workable in the first place?

None of the above takes into account my negative experience as customer who had choices and decided in good faith based on the product's specs to purchase an ASRock motherboard.

Should you confirm that ASRock will bear all shipping costs I will gladly send the product back to you for the BIOS update allowing you to do right by me, your customer.

I will await your response which I trust will be in the form of a prepaid shipping label.

Thank you,

ASRock Support- Contact your seller and return it.

My response back - I find it incredible that ASRock "Support" would reply in such a manner.

Ridiculous that ASRock would even try to pass this off as providing "Customer Service" when all I requested and required was confirmation that a USB BIOS Flashback was not possible.

I look forward to showing that I will become your worst customer.

Sincerely,

27 minutes ago, DaveAlan said:

- I purchased a B450m Steel Legend motherboard, a new Ryzen 7 3700X CPU with Cooler and new ram to upgrade a gaming computer. We installed all the new hardware per the instructions and found that the Cooler LED lights worked but the fan did not turn.

So, this is a problem with the CPU fan not spinning?

Does the system turn on?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450