I am currently looking for a new Monitor:

• Ideally 30-32'', but >=27'' would be ok
  • VESA Mount
  • >=1440p
  • >= 120HZ
  • (optional) HDR
  • (optional) GSync (unofficial) support
  • Ideally below 400€, but willing to spend a bit more if wortwhile

(Points above are roughly sorted by importance to me)

Usage: everything a bit: Video/Photo editing, 3D modelling, CAD, programming, Watching movies, Gaming (mostly single player AAA titles, rarely BF5 and Rainbow6 competitive)

My current favorite is the Dell S3220DGF, which I get for around 380€, it ticks all boxes above, it has 31.5'' and 165Hz and as far as I can tell good reviews.

Also the Gigabyte G32QC looks promising (400€).

So has anyone positive or negative with the mentioned Dell? Or anyone any other recommendations?

Thanks

lal12

have you tried https://de.pcpartpicker.com ?

EDIT:

Depending on the use case priority, I'd be looking towards IPS panels for 'more work than play'.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

34 minutes ago, lal12 said:
  • Ideally 30-32'', but >=27'' would be ok
  • >=1440p
  • >= 120HZ

Do you mean 'at least' these values?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

WHY NOT...?!

Just now, Eighjan said:

30-32", but if 27" is better then he's fine with it.

He means 1440p and up.

120hz and up.

So equal or better.

4 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

have you tried https://de.pcpartpicker.com ?

EDIT:

Depending on the use case priority, I'd be looking towards IPS panels for 'more work than play'.

I tend to not rely that much on pcpartpicker especially for more secondary stuff like monitors. I found many deals not listed on there. But looking on there now the Dell S3220DGF is also the most promising on there listings.

2 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Yeah >= is a common term from programming languages, the mathematical sign is ≥ and it means "greater than or equal as".

Just now, lal12 said:

Yeah >= is a common term from programming languages, the mathematical sign is ≥ and it means "greater than or equal as".

More used to => or ≥

WHY NOT...?!

3 minutes ago, lal12 said:

I also looked at that one, but while I have no direct reference 300 nits seems pretty low.

I have this, but the brightness isn't quoted - 400 nits, IIRC.

Nope; 300... n/m

WHY NOT...?!

11 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Here you go, you can add even more filters from the add column button. Mix and match to your likings.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/table/33184

The price gauge is out of whack now since the US prices are pretty inflated.

Nice site. Looking at ratings and price the Dell S3220DGF still seems to be the best option for me :)

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

I have this, but the brightness isn't quoted - 400 nits, IIRC.

Hmm, well the AOC page and the pcpartpicker details say both 300 cd/m²

1 minute ago, lal12 said:

Nice site. Looking at ratings and price the Dell S3220DGF still seems to be the best option for me :)

Rtings is really nice site if you learn how to use the table tool. Only downside is that the selection is pretty limited, as they have reviewed only 111 monitors.

As for the Dell, it does have some problems with the factory calibrated colors, so if you're really serious about photo editing etc you might want to calibrate the colors again. There are calibration tools you can buy (100-200€) and some shops offer color calibration services.

1 minute ago, lal12 said:

Hmm, well the AOC page and the pcpartpicker details say both 300 cd/m²

I edited...

Just expanded the budget & at the criteria given, the Dell is the least expensive for its' size; most others are €400+

WHY NOT...?!

With a 400nits minimum, IPS starts just short of €1000 & is a 34" unit.

WHY NOT...?!

6 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Rtings is really nice site if you learn how to use the table tool. Only downside is that the selection is pretty limited, as they have reviewed only 111 monitors.

As for the Dell, it does have some problems with the factory calibrated colors, so if you're really serious about photo editing etc you might want to calibrate the colors again. There are calibration tools you can buy (100-200€) and some shops offer color calibration services.

No I am not at all serious about photo editing. But since I usually do a lot of different stuff once in a while, it is nice to be able to do this stuff in a decent/accabtable way. Mostly if I do something with photos I do something for printing, where my old cheapo display offered a good enough quality/comparability, so in doubt I can compare with it (will become a second display).

3 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

I edited...

Just expanded the budget & at the criteria given, the Dell is the least expensive for its' size; most others are €400+

Yeah if there would be a decent model with my requirements for below 300€ I might go to a smaller size, but since the 27'' seem to cost only about 50€ less than the Dell S3220DGF I am willing to spend that for more screen size.

9 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

With a 400nits minimum, IPS starts just short of €1000 & is a 34" unit.

Yeah the viable options I could find were all VA panels.