Web Management Service high RAM usage

BlomSmash

Problem with webmanagement.exe taking up upwards of 2 GBs of RAM and crashing my pc.

This started quite recently, max. a week ago. It started with the Web Management Service taking up an unusually high amount of ram, about 300 megs, and sometimes a little more. "Strange", I thought, and went on about my day, thinking maybe my browser was updating or something else was happening in the background. It wasn't interfering with anything, and no problems were happening. Fast forward to today, I can't open more than 9 tabs in Chromium Edge, I can't open Lightroom since I don't have enough RAM available, and League of Legends crashes and gives me bluescreens (in my case Greenscreens, I'm running an insider build of Windows). The graphics driver is consistently crashing and making me unable to use my second monitor, and the computer hangs.

Specs: CPU: i5-8250U (laptop i5 with 6 megs of L3 cache)

GPU: Intel UHD 620 integrated graphics

RAM: 8 GBs, running at 2666 MHz

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 13 7370

I stopped the webmanagement.exe process though Services, and all my problems were fixed.

Is there any reason to keep it on?

I'm planning on reinstalling Windows on my laptop, just because I'm running low on storage and I've got some PUA's on it anyway.

24 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

Seems there might be a memory leak with it .

This seems to be a problem with the Insiders build of Windows though, unless OP is running an Insiders build.

OP - check if you are on the latest version of Windows Insider. If so, opt out steps can be found here.

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

Just now, Quackwich said:

This seems to be a problem with the Insiders build of Windows though, unless OP is running an Insiders build.

39 minutes ago, BlomSmash said:

(in my case Greenscreens, I'm running an insider build of Windows).

He is that's the only thing I can think of would be a memory leak. In which case you should go back to main "stable" windows.