PBO Overdrive Unsafe High Voltage?

Hi,

I have been getting into overclocking and have managed to get a pretty good OC on my GPU and a decent RAM OC using DRAM calculator, however I am struggling with my CPU. I am running a Ryzen 7 3700x on a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max.

Originally I had a stable overclock 4.3Ghz all core @ 1.325V however after reading online, it seems that actually this is not a safe voltage. Doing further research I have read people saying to just use PBO as it is better for gaming anyway, however upon doing a Cinebench R20 test, I am getting lower performance than all core OC (yes, I know this is meant to happen as PBO will provide a higher single core clock only compared to manual OC), however the auto voltages seem very unsafe. 

image.png.4122d624e42e508af310db73fb5c866f.png

I am concerned around the SVI2 TFN voltage peak of 1.487V for CPU. Is this safe? Should I limit my motherboard to a manual voltage lower? Lastly, I was able to get my 4.3Ghz stable at 1.3V, should I stick to this rather than PBO?

Thanks

Is this vcore while on load?  Idle voltages are typically higher while load voltage typically lower so you got nothing to worry about.  Try comparing stock settings and see if the voltage increase should be a concern.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

3 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Is this vcore while on load?  Idle voltages are typically higher while load voltage typically lower so you got nothing to worry about.  Try comparing stock settings and see if the voltage increase should be a concern.

@SamfisherThe stock voltage can get around 1.45-1.5V. I think my motherboard is automatically pushing it too far, with auto settings anyway. Yes, those voltages above are when CPU usage is 100%, running a Cinebench R20 benchmark with PBO turned on

14 hours ago, Jordy123 said:

@SamfisherThe stock voltage can get around 1.45-1.5V. I think my motherboard is automatically pushing it too far, with auto settings anyway. Yes, those voltages above are when CPU usage is 100%, running a Cinebench R20 benchmark with PBO turned on

1.45-1.5v is very very high for load voltages...Mine is barely 1.35 under R20.  Set your VCore to Normal instead of Auto and see if that helps.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.