Can you update the bios of gigabyte b450m s2h motherboard without installing ryzen 2-gen CPUs??

Well as the topic says:  b450m s2h motherboard without installing ryzen 2-gen CPUs?? Because i found this motherboard for a cheap price and planning to pair it with ryzen 5 3600. But I dont have ryzen 2gen cpus. So can i update the bios without the need of older cpus? Or will it come updated already?

If the stock is new or it was manufactured recently it will most likely support zen 2 

If it didn't then ask the vendor / a computer store to update it for you 

But don't get this board 

It's decent but the pro 4 should be better and should cost around the same 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, Co6alt said:

So can i update the bios without the need of older cpus?

No.

2 minutes ago, Co6alt said:

Or will it come updated already?

Are you buying the motherboard new?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No you can not.

Some boards have a port where you can plug your USB drive so it updates the BIOS without having a CPU installed.

But on this board thats not the case.

But(!) i don't think it's necessary because every B450 board should be shipped with a BIOS that supports 2nd gen or even 3rd gen Ryzen.

Just now, KnechtNoobrecht said:

But(!) i don't think it's necessary because every B450 board should be shipped with a BIOS that supports 2nd gen or even 3rd gen Ryzen.

For the most part yes 

But if the stock was let's say old it will most likely not have it.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

26 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

If the stock is new or it was manufactured recently it will most likely support zen 2 

If it didn't then ask the vendor / a computer store to update it for you 

But don't get this board 

It's decent but the pro 4 should be better and should cost around the same 

Why not to buy it though? I heard positive reviews about it and it costs $80 here.

26 minutes ago, minibois said:

No.

Are you buying the motherboard new?

Yes new.

1 minute ago, Co6alt said:

and it costs $80 here

Yea for cheaper you can get a pro 4 and that's a better board.

Build Log: 

23 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

For the most part yes 

But if the stock was let's say old it will most likely not have it.

Thats why im asking actually. Because i know this board supports 3gen but don't know if its updated by stock. I guess I'll have to wait for the shop to reply to my email.

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Yea for cheaper you can get a pro 4 and that's a better board.

What is the full name of the pro 4?

What is the full name of the pro 4?

Asrock b450 pro 4

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Asrock b450 pro 4

Yeah they have it for $120 here.

Yeah they have it for $120 here.

Ah alright 

Then I guess go for the s2h.

Build Log: