Which GPUs can take advantage of the new "Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling" feature?

HazyJ28

Does anyone know if the 10 series of GPUs from NVIDIA (GTX 1050-1080ti) benefit from the new Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling feature (a feature that allows a GPU to manage its own VRAM, eliminating the operating system from the loop, thus increasing performance and reducing latency), or is it only the new "Turing" based architecture that can take advantage (GTX 1650-RTX 2080 Super)?

If, in fact, the 10 series CAN benefit, do OPTIMUS based GPU's take advantage? (OPTIMUS is a battery saving technology for laptops that allows Windows to switch between running software on the iGPU, and running it in a container on the discrete NVIDIA GPU.)

*(DISCLAIMER: I've done a lot of research on this using google and duckduckgo. I've asked all my friends. I've reached out as much as I could, and have found nothing helpful. I would not be on this forum if I genuinely did not believe somebody here could offer something of value or insight. I appreciate everyone's time.) 

Annotation 2020-06-30 000957.png

This article says support was added in NVIDIA’s latest GPU driver (451.48). Neither the article, nor Nvidia's announcement makes any mention of specific GPUs, so I'd assume it works on any GPU supported by that driver version.

Furthermore, in addition to introducing support for DirectX 12 Ultimate, the Windows 10 May 2020 Update also added a new feature called Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. This new feature can potentially improve performance and reduce latency by allowing the video card to directly manage its own memory.

To enable hardware scheduling, you can open “Graphics Settings: Change Default Graphics Settings”. Simply toggle the feature on and restart the system and you’ll reap the full benefits of the feature.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

From what I've gathered, Pascal-based GPUs are able to take advantage of HAGS. It's not limited just to Turing. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Thank you so much for your time and responses, everyone! I am glad to hear the general consensus is that Pascal based cards CAN, in fact, take advantage of this new technique- however, I am still confused about the topic of "OPTIMUS Laptops" being able to take advantage. I do have 4GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM, so I would assume yes. However, it DOES share my DDR4 system memory should I go above the threshold, so this is why I'm not 100% sure. As well, it would seem that at ALL TIMES I am sharing at least SOME system memory as VRAM, even if I am not above the 4GB threshold (I think this is because even when using the 1050ti, the frame-buffer is still sent through the iGPU because the display is ALWAYS handled by the iGPU no matter what). But on the other hand, the mere fact that it gives me the option to turn it on should indicate that yes, indeed I CAN use it, correct? Does anyone have any thoughts on this that may help me shed some light on the topic?