Help with my first build

Budget (including currency):$550.00 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I want be able to play games with a good fps at mid range graphics.

Other details 

Gamemax GP-650 w power supply:$79.99

Patriot Burst SSD 960GB:$94.99

Deepcool Matrexx 50 Mid-Tower:$56.69

Zotac Gaming Geforce Gtx 1650:$192.49

Patriot viper 4 DDR4 8GB:$42.99

Intel core i3-9100f desktop processor 4 core 4.2 GHz:$74.49

This is my first build and and i have no knowledge about any computer parts.I got from one of linus’s videos exepct i changed the power supply because this one is cheaper and has more watts.I also would like to know if I am missing any parts.

E43C2AD3-680B-4102-90FA-15DECAADE84B.png

Couple of things. 

1. You are missing a motherboard.

2. Correct me if im wrong, but i never heard of that PSU. Im not sure about it, and for that setup, unless you want to upgrade, you dont need 650 watts

3. Go AMD. CPU's like the ryzen 3 3100 or 3300x are both 4 cores (like your i3), but are unlocked and are a bit more powerful. Not to mention the much better cooler.

You should also look further than amazon for better prices

This is a little more than your budget, however I have speced this together - 

I have excluded storage as I am not familiar with some of the SSDs available in the states however, I suggest adding roughly $60 for a 240gb ssd (with dram cache) and a 1tb HDD. 

I'm fairly certain that this could be cheaper assuming you can find the best price at the stores you know of (PCPP can be over priced at times). 

Happy building, hope this helps,

Lex 

Just now, Alexander Underwood said:

This is a little more than your budget, however I have speced this together - 

I have excluded storage as I am not familiar with some of the SSDs available in the states however, I suggest adding roughly $60 for a 240gb ssd (with dram cache) and a 1tb HDD. 

I'm fairly certain that this could be cheaper assuming you can find the best price at the stores you know of (PCPP can be over priced at times). 

Happy building, hope this helps,

Lex 

Just as a note, I remember one of my friends from the states mentioning that places such as micro centre have bundle offers quite often with the mobo and cpu I have in the parts list :D 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TmQQWb

CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($73.39 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B365M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($78.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($37.95 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS XXX ED Video Card  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($50.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CV 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($60.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $590.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-27 11:07 EDT-0400\

Heres a much better build for around that price range. You were missing a mobo and there is no need to get a 1tb ssd for a $600 build. Getting a 250gb for a couple of games and windows then a 2tb hdd for any other stuff or games is much better price wise. I went with a 580 as for $30 less it has double the vram and performs better than the 1650 super. 

whats your budget? as for 40 more you could go for a 3300x which would perform much better than the 9100f.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

54 minutes ago, Mfangryvader said:

My max budget is $600

My build should be fine then

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

54 minutes ago, Mfangryvader said:

My max budget is $600

also never go for a PSU because it is cheaper and has more watts. That PSU is not good and could well be a fire hazard. Generally go for more reputable brands but even they make bad ones. Always invest in a good one. The Corsair CV one i put in isn't the best but is good enough for your build.