G-sync turns off when starting certain games, then turns on again when i quit the game

LightningLee

hi everybody, i have a weird issue where some games turn off my gsync when i boot the game, but when i quit the game gsync will turn itself back on. for example, when i start monster hunter world (played that game for a 1000 hours with gsync so it worked before) my screen goes black for a sec, i get the 'device unplugged' sound then the game starts and when i alt tab to check my control panel gsync is off. when i turn the game off i hear the 'device plugged' sound and gsync is turned on again. so far i can manually enable it every time mid-game but it's really annoying. i thought that updating my drivers would work but it didn't. The device plugged in/out sound is gone tho (even after rerolling to previous drivers). The only change i can think of that i made to my computer is that i updated my windows 10 recently, don't know if that has anything to do with it tho. i did notice that not every game does this, for example deadcells and deeprock galactic don't turn off my gsync, while borderlands 3 and monster hunter do turn it off (even tho it worked before in monsterhunter). any help is appreciated.

my monitor is lg27gl850, and i'm using the DP cable that came with it. However i feel like something else is being the culprit here since it worked fine before

1 hour ago, LightningLee said:

hi everybody, i have a weird issue where some games turn off my gsync when i boot the game, but when i quit the game gsync will turn itself back on. for example, when i start monster hunter world (played that game for a 1000 hours with gsync so it worked before) my screen goes black for a sec, i get the 'device unplugged' sound then the game starts and when i alt tab to check my control panel gsync is off. when i turn the game off i hear the 'device plugged' sound and gsync is turned on again. so far i can manually enable it every time mid-game but it's really annoying. i thought that updating my drivers would work but it didn't. The device plugged in/out sound is gone tho (even after rerolling to previous drivers). The only change i can think of that i made to my computer is that i updated my windows 10 recently, don't know if that has anything to do with it tho. i did notice that not every game does this, for example deadcells and deeprock galactic don't turn off my gsync, while borderlands 3 and monster hunter do turn it off (even tho it worked before in monsterhunter). any help is appreciated.

my monitor is lg27gl850, and i'm using the DP cable that came with it. However i feel like something else is being the culprit here since it worked fine before

I would completely uninstall the nvidia drivers and restart the computer, run windows update again and make sure that everything is up to date with no nvidia drivers installed on your system. Then do a fresh install of nvidia drivers and restart the computer again. After you get it restarted, right click on your desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel and then Manage 3D settings. Select the "program settings" tab and in the drop down box select the program that you are having problems with. Scroll through the settings for that program and make sure that everything is set how you want it to be. Don't know if it will work but if it works with one game and not with another then it sounds like a program specific setting. Either that or you have GSYNC set to run in full screen mode only. You can change that to run in windowed and full screen mode in the "Set up GSYNC" setting in the Nvidia Control Panel. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2020 at 10:10 AM, LightningLee said:

Did you figure this out? I am having this issue with Modern Warfare.  But I am not 100%  sure it is fully working when I back out and go to the NVCP because I am not getting the Gsync On notification despite having that turned on. I notice when I do that tearing isnt there, but it doesn't feel as smooth as normal so its not full working.

Funny thing I found was,  Gsync works fully after I uninstall Nvidia driver with DDU and reinstall  it  but stops working again after the next time I restart my PC. I also get that flicker you talk about before the game starts, and my picture gets a bit of a purple tint to it. Every other game seems to work ok for me