RTX 2070 being under utilized

AidenTheBotLol
Go to solution Solved by AidenTheBotLol,
24 minutes ago, ShelterMan said:

Okay so I had a feeling that it was poor optimization on rock stars part and I am playing both SP and MP and I am seeing an average of 5% utilization I am going to try the heaven benchmark real quick and see if there is a difference 

Okay, yea from further testing I have concluded that GTAs engine is just having trouble handling my GPU power compared to a benchmark like heaven.

Hello LTT forum,

I have noticed recently that my RTX 2070 us never going above 20% utilization in GTA with all max settings.

My specs as follows

Ryzen 3700x

ASRock X570 Extreme4 board

EVGA RTX 2070

Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200mhz ram 16x2

EVGA 650 watt PSU

*stock coolers are being used*

Currently I have tried running DDU to get rid of all of the old GPU drivers and run a new fresh install of GPU drivers for my card, I am also up to date on the chipset drivers for the X570 platform, and I am now seeing if running MSI after burner to tell the card to avoid its power limit/temp limit (which it never hits helps so far it hasn't).

Any info or solutions on the situation will be very helpful 

GTAV SP has its own threading and utilization issues past 100-120fps and probably some other factors.

GTAV MP Performance is GREATLY Affected by the server itself and due to the variability of MP vs SP, you see even less utilization.

Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

11 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

GTAV SP has its own threading and utilization issues past 100-120fps and probably some other factors.

GTAV MP Performance is GREATLY Affected by the server itself and due to the variability of MP vs SP, you see even less utilization.

Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

Okay so I had a feeling that it was poor optimization on rock stars part and I am playing both SP and MP and I am seeing an average of 5% utilization I am going to try the heaven benchmark real quick and see if there is a difference 

24 minutes ago, ShelterMan said:

Okay, yea from further testing I have concluded that GTAs engine is just having trouble handling my GPU power compared to a benchmark like heaven.