Is this legit???

IsraelLover

It really doesn't look legit

1) I boogled the address they said they had on their contact us page, and it is a residential property somewhere in Connecticut, and it also shares an address with a "company" that has a very similar webpage design but selling completely different things.

2) Lots of grammar and spelling errors, these are from their about us page, there are more in other places

• "No Hassel Refund Policy"
  • "As for other inquiries email, we will reply in 12 hours."
  • "Your satisfaction is what we are strived for. So we offer 15-day satisfaction guaranteed return policy. More details, please refer to Return Policy."
  • "Credit card as one of the most convenient payment methods will also bring more safety for the purchase."
  • "As a responsible company, we will do everything we can to ensure the safety of purchase, for which we use a variety of security technologies to protect the information security, non-disclosure."

I'm no English teacher, but boy is it triggering my inner OCD demon

3) Their social media links don't actually link to social media pages

4) Boogling "ericplace.space" yields some clothing results that when clicked on show a 404 page. Seems quite off for a Kindle "seller" to sell clothing

EDIT: Another thing, the register an account thing says input your email and we'll give you a password there, mildly shady imo

EDIT 2: Their privacy policy page has a bunch of placeholder things, like "The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of [[INSERT AGE]] ."

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

I swear, where do people find these shady ass websites that are obvious scams? Surely they aren't anywhere near the first page results on Google.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

thanks, actually when i searched google shopping for Kindles in the $60 range this was the first result! damn

8 hours ago, IsraelLover said:

thanks, actually when i searched google shopping for Kindles in the $60 range this was the first result! damn

Was it an actual result or was it an ad.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

• 1 month later...

I have gotten screwed over royally by this site: ericplace.space. PayPal refuses to reimburse me. Synchrony is still looking at it, and now I'm going to Amazon. I got bumped to this site from TechRadar.

When I found these fabulous deals-- right shoulda known better -- I then eneded up somewhere in China! Of course, I didn't know that until I try to finalize the buy. Then I got an error page that said there was something wrong w/my Word program. Then followed an entire page of fix-its for word. I left. Then got to a second site. Same thing. And another. Finally found a site where I received a confirmation. That evening-- over 12/213 hours later-- ALL those sales went through. And PayPal is doing nothing.

I jnow, I should have just gotten out and stayed out. Now I'm expecting 4 Paperwhites! And I am really really pissed.The orders are not even on Amazon yet, but as soon as they are...I will let them know.

On 6/26/2020 at 2:11 AM, Gegger said:

It really doesn't look legit

1) I boogled the address they said they had on their contact us page, and it is a residential property somewhere in Connecticut, and it also shares an address with a "company" that has a very similar webpage design but selling completely different things.

2) Lots of grammar and spelling errors, these are from their about us page, there are more in other places

• "No Hassel Refund Policy"
  • "As for other inquiries email, we will reply in 12 hours."
  • "Your satisfaction is what we are strived for. So we offer 15-day satisfaction guaranteed return policy. More details, please refer to Return Policy."
  • "Credit card as one of the most convenient payment methods will also bring more safety for the purchase."
  • "As a responsible company, we will do everything we can to ensure the safety of purchase, for which we use a variety of security technologies to protect the information security, non-disclosure."

I'm no English teacher, but boy is it triggering my inner OCD demon

3) Their social media links don't actually link to social media pages

4) Boogling "ericplace.space" yields some clothing results that when clicked on show a 404 page. Seems quite off for a Kindle "seller" to sell clothing

EDIT: Another thing, the register an account thing says input your email and we'll give you a password there, mildly shady imo

EDIT 2: Their privacy policy page has a bunch of placeholder things, like "The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of [[INSERT AGE]] ."

To add to this...

5) the registrant country listed for that site is China (if that is what cn means)

6) the domain was registered in Aptil of this year

So 125% sketchy,