Monitor turns off but won't back on when paired with certain motherboard

Jacksonyoung

Specs:

Monitor: Acer EB321HQU 32" 1440p 60hz monitor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

Motherboard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX

GPU: nope

RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 3200 speed

A week ago, my build was slightly different. I had a different CPU (AMD Ryzen 9 3900X) and GPU (AMD Radeon RX 480) with the same monitor. All worked as Lord Gaben intended.

Fast forward to today and I don't have a GPU and am using a 3200G. Mind you, I just got the CPU today and threw it in. When I first booted up the computer, I was posting but getting no display. What was weird was that the monitor didn't show an orange or blue LED indicator. The monitor was off and was not turning on. After trying different video cables (DisplayPort, HDMI) and power cables, I was finally able to get the monitor on. I booted to Windows and went about my way. I left for a moment and let the monitor go to sleep. When I came back, I noticed that the monitor was completely off, not in sleep mode. I moved the mouse and pressed the keyboard, nothing happened. I pressed the power button on the monitor, nothing happened. I had to fully shut down the computer, unpluged the power from the monitor and from the wall. Plugged the power back into the wall then back into the monitor and now it works. This time, I went back into Windows and let it go to desktop. I pressed the power button on the monitor and turned it off. Pressed the power button again and it won't turn back on. Had to go through the same unplugged of the power.

I plugged the same monitor into the different computer and it works...mostly. I can turn it off and on and it will go to sleep. However, when the monitor goes sleep, it cycles through the input options and goes to sleep, but it turns back on and cycles through the inputs again.

I am about to use DDU to wipe the AMD Radeon drivers and grab fresh ones from the site. I also have an HD 5450 lying around that I'd like to try as well. Hoping to get some other thoughts on the matter.

As an update to this topic, I just installed a brand new EVGA RTX 2060 KO from the store. Computer booted up fine and I installed fresh drivers from Nvidia site.

I have my PC timer set up so the screen turns off after 10 minutes of idle. After 10 minutes, the monitor turned completely off and is not turning back on. Pressing the power button, nothing is happening.

I'm going to plug the monitor directly into my personal laptop and see if the same thing is occurring.