The idea of a link-tax rears its ugly head again in Canada - France and Australia being used as examples

Delicieuxz
6 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

and unfortunately to say, sites like LTT are part of the problem. I hardly ever need to click on the source for a news post to get the overall story. Sometimes I will to get some minute but important detail, but most often won't need to.

which means WAN show would need to stop, since they cover the news, GN would need to stop their news breakdowns. in fact a lot of Youtubers would have to stop covering any kind of news.

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

4 hours ago, Arika S said:

which means WAN show would need to stop, since they cover the news, GN would need to stop their news breakdowns. in fact a lot of Youtubers would have to stop covering any kind of news.

Long term, something does need to be done. At least with a video, they are transforming the medium somewhat.

Google News, on the other hand, is literally taking the news page's own summary.

For Sale:聽Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red聽- HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Aww, our lovely Canadian government is feeling the itch for more tax dollars already?聽While trying to hide behind the age-old "protecc our CaNaDiAn CuLtUrE" card? That's cute.

But hey, it's not like they have many other places to reach into nowadays, what with COVID shuttering down a large chunk of the economy,聽a steepening number of retirees being minted every year, and the average household becoming ever more indebted 馃槀.