Cluster server

Hey my name is Caman

i want to start a minecraft server and want to do a server dedicated to that. Now my question is How do I do a cluster server so two motherboards share and work together. This server going to be to a big minecraft I prefer it to be Windows but linux is also good

Building a cluster is not too complicated, but getting a single instance of a program to take advantage of it (when there's an advantage to take) would require some programming on your side or built-in support by the program you are running.

In my experience, it will be easier in Linux (or maybe it's easier given my experience? It will certainly be cheaper :P).

30 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

why do you want a cluster? Is this for uptime?

Is this for one minecraft instance? 

Exactly I want more people to come with No lagg it is for minecraft instance

its getting better the more ram and How they are working together that is What cluster is working together

22 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Building a cluster is not too complicated, but getting a single instance of a program to take advantage of it (when there's an advantage to take) would require some programming on your side or built-in support by the program you are running.

In my experience, it will be easier in Linux (or maybe it's easier given my experience? It will certainly be cheaper :P).

Could you learn me How to do a cluster server I am totally beginner I going to buy parts soon

4 minutes ago, Caman said:

Exactly I want more people to come with No lagg it is for minecraft instance

its getting better the more ram and How they are working together that is What cluster is working together

that won't happen. Minecraft is made to run on one system. Its also mostly single threaded which makes it much harder to scale.

Get a single fast system here. 

You can do a cluster pretty easily for failover, but not for performance here.

4 minutes ago, Caman said:

Could you learn me How to do a cluster server I am totally beginner I going to buy parts soon

What is your budget for parts?

Just now, Caman said:

I thought you were re-purposing computers you already had. If you are buying parts: don't. First make sure you have a use case for which a cluster makes sense. You could be better served by spending the same money in a single server.

As to how, back in the day I followed the wiki guide at Debianclusters, which I can't seem to find anymore - probably replaced with something newer or scrapped altogether. But you can follow that path by doing some research on "Beowulf clusters".

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

that won't happen. Minecraft is made to run on one system. Its also mostly single threaded which makes it much harder to scale.

Get a single fast system here. 

You can do a cluster pretty easily for failover, but not for performance here.

What is your budget for parts?

I dont know maybe 1000 dollars

so I could not do cluster for perfomance. I want to do a big server I want it to handle like the one hypixel use

2 minutes ago, Caman said:

so I could not do cluster for perfomance. I want to do a big server I want it to handle like the one hypixel use

Nope, no clustering for performance.

With that budget, get something like a 10600k.

ALso and run linux, you can get a reasonble more performance.

6 hours ago, Caman said:

How do I do a cluster server so two motherboards share and work together.

You dont. Minecraft isn't a clustered application. 

6 hours ago, Caman said:

You do realise that these large 100,000 player Minecraft communities like this aren't a single server?

When you join it, you're only in the server with maybe a couple hundred players or so....even an old gen3 i7 can handle a few hundred players, let alone a modern CPU

Hypixel in particular....checking their nameserver records mc.hypixel.net....

Can see they use Cloudflare...so theyre doing geo-locating to their closest servers, and you get redirected randomly to any of the servers in that region. 

In New Zealand, when i query it i get a response from r53.hypixel.net which appears to be East Coast (US), so if i connect to the game I get connected to one of these 20 east coast server IP's below. That server I get connected to maybe has 100 players in it....im not playing with 85,000 other players. 

Name:    r53.hypixel.net
Addresses:  172.65.198.218

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA