Sound bar suggestions

Donut417

We are selling our old receiver and speakers. We are looking for preferably a 2.1 sound bar with an FM radio if possible. The TV looks to have Optical out, doesn't seem to have ARC. Budget under $150 USD. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 hours ago, Donut417 said:

We are selling our old receiver and speakers. We are looking for preferably a 2.1 sound bar with an FM radio if possible. The TV looks to have Optical out, doesn't seem to have ARC. Budget under $150 USD. 

That's a very low budget. I'd go to a BestBuy or whatever similar store you may have nearby and try a few by myself to see what sound caters more to what I'm looking for.

Just now, HumdrumPenguin said:

That's a very low budget. I'd go to a BestBuy or whatever similar store you may have nearby and try a few by myself to see what sound caters more to what I'm looking for.

The Soundbar is for a TV my mom uses, the biggest thing is the FM radio as she does like to listen to the radio. I just thought a sound bar would be nice because the speakers on her TV are shit. Also, not sure if Best Buy is allowing groups of people in the store. Kinda still under a lock down type of thing here in Michigan as we beat this virus. 

2 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

The Soundbar is for a TV my mom uses, the biggest thing is the FM radio as she does like to listen to the radio. I just thought a sound bar would be nice because the speakers on her TV are shit. Also, not sure if Best Buy is allowing groups of people in the store. Kinda still under a lock down type of thing here in Michigan as we beat this virus. 

Yeah, hard for me to say anything else then. My experience with sound bars start at about 350 dollars. I myself have a Sonos Beam that I think is reasonably good, but it goes way beyond your budget. Maybe wait a bit so you can listen to a few by yourself?

1 minute ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

t 350 doll

Yeah, not going to happen. That $150 is very firm. I don't even know if my mom would want to spend that kind of money. I might buy this for her Birthday coming up in August, but $350 is out of the question. Especially for basic TV watching and listening to the radio, we are not looking for theater level sound. 

2 minutes ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Maybe wait a bit so you can listen to a few by yourself?

Not sure when the whole apocalypse  is going to be over. We try to not go places because to be frank, the masks are a pain in the ass and make it hard to breath, and under the Governors orders, we have to wear them in public. So have tend to just stay home. Also Im not a good judge when it comes to sound. I personally think my bluetooth headphones and cheap earbuds sound great. My mom isn't going to care.