I need new wireless headphones!

Duranson

I want some good headphones for listening to music, watching movies and videos, for gaming, and for talking to friends. Preferably wireless. It would be nice if they were powered by replaceable batteries like AA or AAA, but that's not a requirement.

I hate gaming style headphones because they usually sound just as bad as they look, so I really don't want gaming headphones.

The type of music that I listen to is Rap, RNB, and electronic.

My budget is $500.

Thank you!

I believe the sony WH-1000XM3 are supposed to be the best wireless headphones there are.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

14 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You put yourself in pretty much an impossible situation

I have an external mic that I use, I don't need one built into the headphones.

3 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

I believe the sony WH-1000XM3 are supposed to be the best wireless headphones there are.

This is where my vote would go at this price too. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

8 minutes ago, HM-2 said:

This is where my vote would go at this price too. 

Alright cool. Also, I've been looking at the Audio Technica M50X bluetooth version. Are those any good? I currently have the wired M20Xs and I really like them, which is why the M50Xs look promising.

38 minutes ago, duranson said:

Alright cool. Also, I've been looking at the Audio Technica M50X bluetooth version. Are those any good? I currently have the wired M20Xs and I really like them, which is why the M50Xs look promising.

I'm a huge Audio-Technica fan (I have ATH-990Zs as my daily use over-ears) and used to have the M50X.

At a £150 price point assuming the wireless ones sound as good as the wired, they're probably a pretty decent option, but if you're happy to pay the extra for the Sony's they're definitely worth it.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

1 hour ago, HM-2 said:

I'm a huge Audio-Technica fan (I have ATH-990Zs as my daily use over-ears) and used to have the M50X.

At a £150 price point assuming the wireless ones sound as good as the wired, they're probably a pretty decent option, but if you're happy to pay the extra for the Sony's they're definitely worth it.

Wireless doesn’t sound as good as wired period...

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

The drop panda while lacking anc is supposed to be very good. I would wait for that to officially come out otherwise the xm3s are also my vote

4 hours ago, duranson said:

The m50x especially the Bluetooth one doesn't sound awful because it's not using a nice amp to power itself me and alot of audiophiles kinda hate on the m50x. It's not a good value or good headphone for everyone. Sounds fine Ina phone sounds like ass off of audiophile equipment due to us feeding it proper power. That being said the Bluetooth m50x is ok but you can get better value and better sound elsewhere like the xm3