Huawei hg8145v5

hackgod
Go to solution Solved by The_russian,
2 minutes ago, hackgod said:

currently the dns options are blank as the isp has not provided them.

In that case to revert the dns server you would likely just have to leave the setting blank again and apply the settings.

I recently upgraded to  a fiber optic internet plan and have received a new router which the representatives will install. i want to ask that will assigning a custom dns server to my router is safe and can i revert it back?

P.S i am thinking to use opendns.

It’s safe as long as you use a reputable dns server, open dns is fairly reputable so you should be good. As far as reverting it, for most routers you have the option of getting the dns server automatically, or manually setting it. If you set a manual dns server and want to revert, just select automatic dns server.

Just now, The_russian said:

It’s safe as long as you use a reputable dns server, open dns is fairly reputable so you should be good. As far as reverting it, for most routers you have the option of getting the dns server automatically, or manually setting it. If you set a manual dns server and want to revert, just select automatic dns server.

2 minutes ago, hackgod said:

In that case to revert the dns server you would likely just have to leave the setting blank again and apply the settings.

3 minutes ago, The_russian said:

thanks