It has been 20 years since I Build a PC🤦

T5C2

Well Hello All, I'm new in the forum.🙋

Well the last time I build a PC was about 20 years.. Stop the interest 5 years after and now Back in 2020. 

For the last 3 days I've been viewing Reviews and searching the web high and low regarding PC. Thought of building a New PC 🧐 that can serve the purpose for Streaming, Video Editing, Photo Editing, Music Editing and Gaming (Pubg or COD)😂.  

Got Confused several times while watching reviews.. lol.🥴

In the end I decided to go with a Build that maybe could last for 3-5 years to come but still uncertain with some parts...

This is what I plan to use

Ryzen 9 3650x

Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut

Rog strix rx5700xt

Corsair vengeance Rgb 32 gb 16x2

Samsung 970 1tb Evo plus

2tb HDD ??? Should I use HDD??

K95 platinum xt rgb keyboard

G502 lightspeed mouse

Rgb Long mouse pad 

Only 7 things that I'm not sure,

1. Motherboard 10th gen??? (something that I use for upgrade in the future)

570, 490 or 🧐🥴😬😵

2. PC case

3. Rgb Cooling System 

Thought of Water system

4. Monitor (for now not 4k)

5. Radiator

6. PSU 

850w is it enough?

If it is Asus platanium or Thermaltake

Or others..

Currently it will be a Future

FYI I live in Singapore. An Expensive country to Stay at.🤬

Well currently No budget due to building it up piece by piece, so long It could do the job intended flawless.. One thing is for sure, I need to learn about over clocking.🤯 

Well currently I do have some old motherboard and graphic cards but not sure if they still works.

14 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Budget?

Really? That's setup could do it..?😵🥴🧐

37 minutes ago, T5C2 said:

Ryzen 9 3650x

you mean ryzen 9 3950x. it's probably a bit overkill, but if you have the budget, go for it. i'd recommend the ryzen 9 3900x instead.

38 minutes ago, T5C2 said:

Rog strix rx5700xt

i'd go nvidia in a such high end syste. 2080 super, or if you'er building later in the year, they are launching the 3000 series, rumoured to be a significant improvement.

38 minutes ago, T5C2 said:

Corsair vengeance Rgb 32 gb 16x2

make sure this is 3600C16

39 minutes ago, T5C2 said:

Samsung 970 1tb Evo plus

2tb HDD ??? Should I use HDD??

samsung ssds are a bit overpriced, but budget doesn't seem to be an issue for you. you should use ssd for software and games and hdd for media files and other storage.

40 minutes ago, T5C2 said:

Motherboard 10th gen??? (something that I use for upgrade in the future)

570, 490 or 🧐🥴😬😵

you need a x570 motherboard. I recommend the asus lineup, they are all good. pick based on features, ports and looks.

2. PC case

something with a mesh front for good airflow, like the fractal design meshify C

3. Rgb Cooling System 

Thought of Water system

you can either go for a 280mm or 360mm AIO or for a powerful air cooler like noctua nh-d15 or bequiet dark rock pro 4.

41 minutes ago, T5C2 said:

4. Monitor (for now not 4k)

look for a 1440p 120-144hz ips monitor - 27in would be ideal

42 minutes ago, T5C2 said:

5. Radiator

not sure what you mean. case fans?

42 minutes ago, T5C2 said:

6. PSU 

850w is it enough?

If it is Asus platanium or Thermaltake

650W would be enough. look at the tier list in my signature and pick something from tier A.

30 minutes ago, T5C2 said:

Just to address a few points.

-Im assuming you mean 3950X right? It will really depend what features you need as to what motherboard you get. Right now I think something like the new MSI B550 Tomohawk might work nicely. It will save you money over an X570, and has incredible VRM performance that or more than capable of handling a 3950X. Also, if you want to save some cash it may be better to get the 3900X, so you would lose 4 cores.

-There are lots of case choices. You want to look for something with good airflow and that you personally like the aesthetic of. Some good options to look at are the phanteks P400A Digital, or the Lian Li o11 dynamic.

- If your not doing custom water-cooling, a decent 650W PSU should do the trick. Check out the PSU tier list in the PSU sub-forum for choices. For you I would go for an A unit.

-For monitor, you could look at the LG27GL850. It had gotten great reviews and gives you 1440p 144Hz at a reasonable price. There's loads of other options though, and you could look at ultrawides.

-For CPU cooling you can go for a tower air cooler from the likes of noctua, bequiet etc, or get an AIO (unless your planning a custom loop). Look up reviews, especially Gamers Nexus, and pick one that will work well for you

-HDD is fine for most things, but you definitely want to have your OS and any frequently used programs on your SSD

Hope this helps :)

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

2 minutes ago, T5C2 said:

Well currently No budget due to building it up piece by piece, so long It could do the job intended flawless.. One thing is for sure, I need to learn about over clocking.🤯 

Well currently I do have some old motherboard and graphic cards but not sure if they still works.

preamble:  old fart fist bump.  I got a near 20 year old machine in my basement.  I don’t dare plug it into the internet.  

If they’re 20 years old they’re good only for testing and maybe not even then.  Might sell well on eBay.

1. with ryzen your only choices is am4. What’s a 3650 btw? Do you mean 3950?  I suggest an x570 board for big iron like that and not a cheap one either.  See the motherboard tierlist on this form for what boards can take the draw that thing eats.

2. I’m a fan of cheap ass cases.  I’ve got no problems with “nail it to piece of wood” may make my advice less useful.  For a decent case you don’t need to spend more than $60, but it’s hard to spend less because cheaper cases will need fans and the price goes up again.

3.  I have an incredibly low opinion of modern rgb.  It’s expensive and proprietary as hell.  Another minority opinion.  See cheap ass cases.

4. I’m no help.  I can give you generalitities but no specifics.  Your video card can do 1440p@144hz though, which is effectively 4k even though 1440p is 2k

5. the 3950 is a feisty girl and likes a lot of cooling.  Great big air cooler or a 240 or 280 AIO. (I like air better.  It’s more of a pita to install but it lasts much longer and is more reliable)

6. there are two things with reading on this forum for that.  Both in the PSU thread..  they’re pinned.  One is the PSU tierlist and he other is titled “how many watts do I need?”

7. Singapore. I have heard of shopping wise.  It’s got specific issues and you’ll need advice from another person that lives in Singapore to get anywhere with that.  I don’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

28 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

preamble:  old fart fist bump.  I got a near 20 year old machine in my basement.  I don’t dare plug it into the internet.  

If they’re 20 years old they’re good only for testing and maybe not even then.  Might sell well on eBay.

1. with ryzen your only choices is am4. What’s a 3650 btw? Do you mean 3950?  I suggest an x570 board for big iron like that and not a cheap one either.  See the motherboard tierlist on this form for what boards can take the draw that thing eats.

2. I’m a fan of cheap ass cases.  I’ve got no problems with “nail it to piece of wood” may make my advice less useful.  For a decent case you don’t need to spend more than $60, but it’s hard to spend less because cheaper cases will need fans and the price goes up again.

3.  I have an incredibly low opinion of modern rgb.  It’s expensive and proprietary as hell.  Another minority opinion.  See cheap ass cases.

4. I’m no help.  I can give you generalitities but no specifics.  Your video card can do 1440p@144hz though, which is effectively 4k even though 1440p is 2k

5. the 3950 is a feisty girl and likes a lot of cooling.  Great big air cooler or a 240 or 280 AIO. (I like air better.  It’s more of a pita to install but it lasts much longer and is more reliable)

6. there are two things with reading on this forum for that.  Both in the PSU thread..  they’re pinned.  One is the PSU tierlist and he other is titled “how many watts do I need?”

7. Singapore. I have heard of shopping wise.  It’s got specific issues and you’ll need advice from another person that lives in Singapore to get anywhere with that.  I don’t.

😂😂😂 The parts I got at home not from 20 years ago...😂 It's a Gigabyte and Msi if not mistaken with GTX 960 or 980 I think given by some1. 

Sorry for the mistakes Ryzen 3950😂 (3650🥴) Still trying to cope in memory😂 getting old. Btw Ty for the Advice🙏

40 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean

NVM I was looking at yr signature Ryzen 3.. thought it's a budget PC setup🥴

17 minutes ago, T5C2 said:

😂😂😂 The parts I got at home not from 20 years ago...😂 It's a Gigabyte and Msi if not mistaken with GTX 960 or 980 I think given by some1. 

Sorry for the mistakes Ryzen 3950😂 (3650🥴) Still trying to cope in memory😂 getting old. Btw Ty for the Advice🙏

Ooh.  That’s not great but it’s enough.  A a 960 will do 1080p@60 no problem.  A 980 will do 2k no problem. 

The deal is AMD and Nvidia are set to release new cards very soon.  And unlike the previous 5 years AMD is expected to be really competitive.  As a result this is one of the worst times in the last 5 years to buy a new gpu.  Luckily you don’t have to.  What you got isn’t great, but it’s enough to tide you over.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

42 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Ooh.  That’s not great but it’s enough.  A a 960 will do 1080p@60 no problem.  A 980 will do 2k no problem. 

The deal is AMD and Nvidia are set to release new cards very soon.  And unlike the previous 5 years AMD is expected to be really competitive.  As a result this is one of the worst times in the last 5 years to buy a new gpu.  Luckily you don’t have to.  What you got isn’t great, but it’s enough to tide you over.

Just got home and found out they are not GTx🥴

But found i7 960 professor instead and .....15925604283479025989391397623913.thumb.jpg.5aed8a265f675fc9d92a272f04b8125d.jpg15925604916273826132549964209217.thumb.jpg.c3520e2aeb845140d5dbf6459b063cf3.jpg15925605231458218564266878653657.thumb.jpg.695fd6ec4ba7391a1ca205ba6106a41e.jpg