RGB and pump/fan control with CM ML240P and ARGB2 controler

I have installed the new MasterLiquid ML240P Mirage on my AMD Ryzen 5 CPU, MSI x470 Gaming Plus Motherboard installed in an NZXT H510i case. I have connected the included ARGB2 controller exactly how the instructions indicate it is connected to a USB 2.0 header on my motherboard and windows sees it attached (see screenshot)

The AIO instructions say you have to update the firmware before downloading and installing Master Plus software and I did that and I get the error or screen or whatever shown in the attachment every time. I have tried reinstalling it or even installing ver 780 (which some folks the Cooler Master forum said worked for them) and that software also gives me an error message (also attached). I have tried switching the ARGB2 controller to RGB and have the 4 pin rgb motherboard header attached to the 12v motherboard connection on the controller just like the instructions say but Mystic Light will not see anything but my motherboard (yes I know that MB only has 7 colors and all that) another screenshot attached. I am unable control the fans or led's on either the fans or cooler pump using software I am able to select some RGB presents using the hardware buttons on the ARGB2 controller but that is installed in my case and not really easy to access.I just want to control the RGB and pump/fans on the product with software.

I have contacted CM but have received no response as of yet.

I can return this thing to Amazon and get something else but I really really don't want to try and do that. 

Any ideas?

Master Plus Error.png

Master Plus 780 error.jpg

CM ARBG2 USB connected.jpg

Annotation 2020-06-06 152910.png