New Ryzen upgrade not booting, please read

SHOOK_Linus
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
18 minutes ago, SHOOK_Linus said:

Well all the other components except for the mobo and cpu worked in another system 2 hours ago so that makes me think it seems like a dead cpu :(

Should just warranty/RMA/Return/Exchange the CPU.

and probably after the 2nd motherboard..

So long story short here, I bought a new core, and a mobo back in the first week of May. A Ryzen 7 3700X and an ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO. They worked fine for about a week then the computer (while I wasn’t home) crashed and froze while rebooting, I restarted and the white VGA led stayed one and the qcode on the board showed some error that had to do with hard drives. I sent that board back and got a new board as some researching on the topic seemed to show that the board is known to die like that. The new board came and I swapped all the parts around again. New motherboard was another ASUS not even sure what type. I put the core in and had everything ready booted it up, posted into the BIOS, all was good, powered it down put everything away booted it up again, white VGA light stayed on again but there was no qcode LED on this board so that’s all the info I had, more research showed that the board looked to be dead AGAIN, so I returned it too and got a GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X. Plugged everything in AGAIN and booted it and nothing, there’s no lights or qcode on this board but it just did there with all the fans running the RGB on and nothing works. The GPU’s lighting is lit so it’s powered. It’s not the RAM, PSU or anything else that possibly the board or CPU because all the other parts work with my old ASUS TUF Z270 board and i5 7600K setup, all the ram, PSU and GPU work in that system.

I’m not sure but this seems like a dead core possibly?? I don’t know, I highly doen that 3 motherboards in a row could be dead and I also doubt that I could have accidentally not fully seated a power cable for 3 builds in a row, but then seat the same power cable perfectly fine when I put my old board back in. PLEASE HELP ME I JUST WANT THIS TO WORK. Thanks 😫

7 minutes ago, SHOOK_Linus said:

So long story short here, I bought a new core, and a mobo back in the first week of May. A Ryzen 7 3700X and an ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO. They worked fine for about

If you installed in a case every time you could try not using the case if it has a short somewhere.

Otherwise could be a dead CPU, and the PSU could have still killed it somehow even if it's working afterwards, or maybe the Ryzen CPU draws just a bit too much current for it.

Could just be very unlucky and have ended up with a dead CPU.

Only way to know would be to try it in a completely different set up, like if a local PC shop has something you can throw it into.

ORRR it could somehow be the DDR4.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

35 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you installed in a case every time you could try not using the case if it has a short somewhere.

Otherwise could be a dead CPU, and the PSU could have still killed it somehow even if it's working afterwards, or maybe the Ryzen CPU draws just a bit too much current for it.

Could just be very unlucky and have ended up with a dead CPU.

Only way to know would be to try it in a completely different set up, like if a local PC shop has something you can throw it into.

ORRR it could somehow be the DDR4.

Well all the other components except for the mobo and cpu worked in another system 2 hours ago so that makes me think it seems like a dead cpu :(

18 minutes ago, SHOOK_Linus said:

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

10 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Yeah I wasn’t sure because I found so many posts online that made me think the ASUS boards were just fucked up, but thanks I’ll rma it then!