Data back up help required.

Marbo

I have an m.2 drive that has win 10 install and all programs and a hdd for data. 

The data is mostly my Daz Studio library. This library is now getting quite large. If I lost that disk it would take an age to download those assets again especially as most are manually installed. 

What I want to do is add a second hdd to keep a back up. First off copy and paste what is already on there, but then as I add more to my library I'd like to automatically add those files to the back up. What is the easiest way to do this.

I'm not interested in my ssd, apart from Windows and Daz there isn't a huge amount on there. 

Thanks

Id get a automated backup program for this. That way you can easily get old versions and save you time.

Look at something like veeam, works well and is easy to use and free for this usecase.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id get a automated backup program for this. That way you can easily get old versions and save you time.

Look at something like veeam, works well and is easy to use and free for this usecase.

Thanks for the quick reply. 

So that will just mirror the drive then update the back up each time I add something new? 

2 minutes ago, Marbo said:

Thanks for the quick reply. 

So that will just mirror the drive then update the back up each time I add something new? 

It will run the backup on a scheduled time, so they you can go back and look at what changes were made every day.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

It will run the backup on a scheduled time, so they you can go back and look at what changes were made every day.

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a go.