Replacement Chromebook Touchscreen Panel not registering touch

My brother dropped my dad's Chromebook, breaking its screen. So, we bought a replacement panel on eBay from a seller with good ratings. The model number of the listing matched the broken panel (I checked it 3 times); the eBay listing very clearly says it is a touch screen panel.

When the panel arrived, I performed a swap. When I powered it on, the image worked fine. However, it registered no touch.

To troubleshoot, I swapped back to the first, broken panel (about 1/4 of it is still usable). It registered my touch inputs fine, so I know the rest of the laptop isn't damaged.

I assumed that the eBay seller sent me a defective panel, so I got a free replacement from them. I performed the swap again and got the same results. I did the same troubleshooting steps, and the broken panel still registered touch.

Could there be differences in the panels I didn't notice? I see the H/W thing, does that matter enough? Is there some calibration step I need to do? Attached are pictures of the panels as well as the laptop.

laptop.jpg

panel 1.jpeg

panel 3.jpeg