2080ti/NZXT H500i high temps?

Hi,

Over time I've felt my temps are too high when under load and have been trying to troubleshoot the issue. For airflow I'm using the 2x 120mm stock case fans to exhaust at the top and rear and a corsair h100i platinum AIO to intake at the front. When I built the PC (about a year ago)  the highest I ever saw was around 73C under full load but now i consistently get 81-83C under full load. I know these temps are 'safe' but are starting to make me uncomfortable and am willing to change some parts to get better temps. I regularly clean it and have set up fan curves on both my GPU and case fans to hit 100% at 65C but I'm seeing no change. It's made me start to consider a new case as this case has poor front intake  and possibly negative air pressure? I have listed my specs and included some images below, thank you very much in advance for any help even if its just telling me I'm paranoid. 

Case: NZXT H500I

CPU: i7 8700k

CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i rgb platinum (front mounted intake with included fans)

GPU: Gigabyte 2080ti GAMING OC

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO

Storage: 1x Samsung 500gb SSD - 1x Toshiba 3tb HDD - 1x WD Blue 1tb HDD

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750W Gold

IMG_1837.jpeg

IMG_1835.jpeg

IMG_1834.jpeg

IMG_1841.jpeg

Are you running with the side panel of right now and seeing better temps?

The H500 is not a great airflow case indeed and swapping to a front meshed case would certainly help. I'd advice to use your radiator as a outlet instead of intake too.

It could also just be hotter in your room as it is summer right now.

Just now, jaslion said:

Are you running with the side panel of right now and seeing better temps?

The H500 is not a great airflow case indeed and swapping to a front meshed case would certainly help. I'd advice to use your radiator as a outlet instead of intake too.

It could also just be hotter in your room as it is summer right now.

Thanks for your reply,

I do see much better temps when the side panel is off but always leave it on to prevent dust. The temperatures were still quite poor in the winter and i can barely feel the intake through the radiator.

As for the radiator, do you mean it should exhaust at the top? I feel that definitely wouldn't be possible with this motherboard as there is a lack of clearance at the top of it (attached image below).

I was considering switching to the Fractal Design Meshify S2 case but if you have any other suggestions or think its not worth switching that would be great.

Thanks again

IMG_1845.jpeg

The meshify is a fine case. I meant switch it to exhaust after a caseswap. The cpu will run a little hotter but the gpu will not recieve hot air. Don't worry about dust so much as you say you clean it out often. So just leave the sidepanel off for now.

Alright thanks, I'm excited to try the new case.

Just to clarify, should I have the AIO radiator mounted at the top to exhaust in the new case? Or did you mean mount it at the front and exhaust? Because I was trying to show how I don't think i would be able to top mount the radiator in the new case because of the motherboard. Would i need to buy a new motherboard to top mount the radiator?

Appreciate the help :)