Intel stole my processor.

Hi everyone. I need your help because i have no idea what to do now.
At some point there was some problem with BSOD on my pc, everything on it was changed except my i7 7700k. I had a warranty and used it, the processor was sent to Intel together with pictures of it. So intel made some diagnostics and said that this processor was illegally modified by my or some other 3rd person. IM SHOCKED i dont even understand what it means! I paid ~350 EUR for it, they say u wont get it back. And what am i supposed to do now?

IMG_20200512_151935.jpg

IMG_20200512_151946.jpg

Really sounds like you sent it to a fake warranty service. Even if your warranty was voided, them just not giving it back sounds totally insane. Who did you send this processor to?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

First time i didn't, the guy at the store where i bought this processor did, but recently i contacted intel support, and they said the same.

I mean they confirmed it was modified.

I'd say first off, there's no such thing as 'illegally modifying it'. If its modified, that's not against the law. They can void your warranty, for sure, but its not 'illegal'. Second, tell them you want it back if they're not going to do anything with it. They can't just keep it. Worst case, file a police report. That's fraud if they take it and don't return it. Even if they make you pay return shipping, that's better than not getting it back.

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Who did you send this processor to?

^ this 

Are you sure you shipped it to Intel 

This might sound stupid but you could have rma'ed it an Intel imitation or a scam 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, S_tnieks said:

First time i didn't, the guy at the store where i bought this processor did, but recently i contacted intel support, and they said the same.

you have to quote us so we can see your responses

official Intel support said that they would not allow you to have your processor back, due to "illegal modification?"

If the only answer you ever get is that Intel is keeping your CPU, you cannot get any help from the forum. You would either need to threaten legal action or buy a new CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

If the only answer you ever get is that Intel is keeping your CPU, you cannot get any help from the forum. You would either need to threaten legal action or buy a new CPU.

Why would Intel do that tho ?

I'm sure Intel would not have this bad of a customer support 

I suggest double or even triple checking the email / the person you got in contact with

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

19 minutes ago, S_tnieks said:

illegally modified

Did you OC the CPU?

Where did you buy it from originally?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It was probably delidded.

I can see the IHS plate slid a tad when it was clampes in the socket.

Ususally the plate is slightly offset, but this one, the plate is near the edge. Thats a tall tail sign of a delid.

Warranty voided.

You will request to have the modified cpu returned is probably the best you can do.

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Did you OC the CPU?

Where did you buy it from originally?

No oc. 
I bought it in internet store or how you say it correctly in english. And they got it from ABC Data and it is the best distributor for Central and Eastern Europe.
Now im trying to contact English support as the previous one as i understood was Russian.

1 hour ago, icase81 said:

I'd say first off, there's no such thing as 'illegally modifying it'. If its modified, that's not against the law. They can void your warranty, for sure, but its not 'illegal'. Second, tell them you want it back if they're not going to do anything with it. They can't just keep it. Worst case, file a police report. That's fraud if they take it and don't return it. Even if they make you pay return shipping, that's better than not getting it back.

The correct translation is unauthorized. And the thing is that i live in Latvia and i guess the closest place to intel guarantee is Russia, thats why it was sent there, but i didn't ask  guy at the store about this. And they said by some rules in Russia this product is considered  fake so they are keeping it and i will have to pay for its destroying. Right after this message was received they've been asked to give us at least some proofs with pictures. After 2 weeks we still have no answers about this. But im trying to contact someone from English support and see what they can say.