Windows install differences

So this is a question about how windows 10 communicates with hardware.

I have had issues with windows 10 since clean installing it on a new ssd.

My pc worked just fine when it was upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 on the hdd.  The pc is a hp p7 1154 with upgraded psu rx 560 gpu and 12gb of ram.  

I orginally wanted to migrate the hdd to the ssd but it would not let me bc the ssd was smaller than the hdd.  So i clean installed 10 and thats when the pc no longer shut down properly (after windows shut down and hard drives stop spinning  the mobo fans and gpu would stay powered).  Went back to the hdd with the upgraded 10 from 7 and it worked just fine.  Well this past week i ended up clean installing 10 on to the hdd and it now has all the same issues as the ssd.

So does windows 7 upgraded to 10 communicate with hardware differently than a clean install of windows 10.

31 minutes ago, Vaurapung said:

So this is a question about how windows 10 communicates with hardware.

I have had issues with windows 10 since clean installing it on a new ssd.

My pc worked just fine when it was upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 on the hdd.  The pc is a hp p7 1154 with upgraded psu rx 560 gpu and 12gb of ram.  

I orginally wanted to migrate the hdd to the ssd but it would not let me bc the ssd was smaller than the hdd.  So i clean installed 10 and thats when the pc no longer shut down properly (after windows shut down and hard drives stop spinning  the mobo fans and gpu would stay powered).  Went back to the hdd with the upgraded 10 from 7 and it worked just fine.  Well this past week i ended up clean installing 10 on to the hdd and it now has all the same issues as the ssd.

So does windows 7 upgraded to 10 communicate with hardware differently than a clean install of windows 10.

It communicates with hardware through drivers.  Old hardware often needs old drivers.  When you clean installed you removed something.  This happened with me with 8.1

i got talked into updating because epic and GoG wouldn’t play nice with 8.1. So I updated, and while win10 will work with the old drivers it doesn’t save them.  So poof my monitor died.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

So if i somehow get 7 onto the ssd then upgrade that 7 to 10 i "might" be able to get back to a stable os...