new keyboard

Cedri
Just now, Cedri said:

Is that really worth 50 extra euro's?

Not really. I wouldn't go over the pricing of the Apex 7 even If I had a massive budget

10 minutes ago, Berkomeister said:

Not really. I wouldn't go over the pricing of the Apex 7 even If I had a massive budget

Is the apex 7 better than a custom gmmk, 60%, gateron clear and tai hao caps?

1 minute ago, Cedri said:

It is tkl, it has red and it has red blue or brown mechanical gaming switches. Can't say anything about it being better than a gmmk though. That's up to you

So I was thinking about buying a new keyboard. After some advice and googling I came across these 3 keyboards:

Logitech pro x

Steelseries apex 7

Custom gmmk, 60%, gateron clear, tai hao midnight green/white keycaps. Around 130 euro's all together.

If you know any other good keyboards or if these keyboards are very bad please tell me! Thanks in advance!

GMMK by far, don't waste your time with the other two boards.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

GMMK by far, don't waste your time with the other two boards.

Why are the other 2 so bad? and do you know other good keyboards like the gmmk? 

3 minutes ago, Cedri said:

both are too expensive for what they can offer, the gmmk offers the best value due to it being so customizable, giving you the room to make the keyboard that you actually want

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 minute ago, Cedri said:

The other two are built poorly and have awful keycaps for how much you're paying. All modern off-the-shelf "g4ming" keyboards are fucking terrible and you should avoid them at all costs. At least with the GMMK you can choose your switches and keycaps.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

It depends on what you are looking out of it. If you are going for the fastest keyboard possible, then save for the apex pro, but if it is a matter of feel for you, then try and feel the switches and see what you like. just keep in mind that you will need to replace keycaps and things like that.

1 minute ago, Nano Adam said:

Steelseries apex 7

Why do you recommend the apex 7?

8 minutes ago, Cedri said:

So I was thinking about buying a new keyboard. After some advice and googling I came across these 3 keyboards:

Logitech pro x

Steelseries apex 7

Custom gmmk, 60%, gateron clear, tai hao midnight green/white keycaps. Around 130 euro's all together.

If you know any other good keyboards or if these keyboards are very bad please tell me! Thanks in advance!

I have Steelseries Apex 7 if you want to know more about it

Just now, Sw1ft_25 said:

It depends on what you are looking out of it. If you are going for the fastest keyboard possible, then save for the apex pro, but if it is a matter of feel for you, then try and feel the switches and see what you like.

Which one has the best build quality? That is the most important for me, second is the switches but I heard that gateron linear switches are very smooth and that clears are very light to press one.

Just now, madeinos said:

I have Steelseries Apex 7 if you want to know more about it

What do you think about it?

2 minutes ago, Cedri said:

What do you think about it?

So far so good.. build quality is good.. you have 3 types of switches to choose from, detachable magnetic wrist rest.. unlimited customization of illumination and macros.. dedicated media keys.. USB passthrough

13 minutes ago, madeinos said:

So far so good.. build quality is good.. you have 3 types of switches to choose from, detachable magnetic wrist rest.. unlimited customization of illumination and macros.. dedicated media keys.. USB passthrough

Are the cherry mx reds just as good as the gateron clears?

17 minutes ago, Cedri said:

I don't know.. I have browns now and they seem fine to me.. I used cherry mx blue like 5 years ago

1 hour ago, Cedri said:

Which one has the best build quality? That is the most important for me, second is the switches but I heard that gateron linear switches are very smooth and that clears are very light to press one.

IF you want build quality, gmmk all the way.

2 hours ago, Cedri said:

Nope, a gmmk is better in every way.

1 hour ago, Cedri said:

Gateron clears will be a lot smoother, and also lighter. If you want the same activation force you can get gateron reds.

I'd definitely get the GMMK over those other 2 for the ability to use better switches. 

It honestly doesn't matter a ton if you're looking for linears. Just find the cheapest keyboard with Gateron Clears if you like them. What you could do for funsies is buy a Dell AT101W and Linear mod it.

- Threads Merged -

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450