ANC headphones for roughly £200

ImNotThere
Go to solution Solved by BobVonBob,

Bose is still the gold standard for noise cancelling, but the sound quality isn't the best out there and some people experience a feeling of "pressure" with Bose headphones, like being underwater. The Sony headphones are great, noise cancellation nearly as good as the Bose headphones, great sound quality, excellent build quality. I've got no experience with the Razer Opus headphones, but seeing as Razer has been upping their game in recent years and the headphones are backed by THX (who despite having fallen from grace in recent years, still know what they're doing with audio) I can't imagine they're awful.

For what it's worth, my money would be going towards the Sony WH-1000XM3's, very solid all around, don't need to go used like the Bose, and proven unlike the Razer.

I see a lot of buzz around the Sony WH-1000XM3's and the new ish hype around the razer opus, my price range could also accommodate a used pair of bose qc35(ii)

Bose is still the gold standard for noise cancelling, but the sound quality isn't the best out there and some people experience a feeling of "pressure" with Bose headphones, like being underwater. The Sony headphones are great, noise cancellation nearly as good as the Bose headphones, great sound quality, excellent build quality. I've got no experience with the Razer Opus headphones, but seeing as Razer has been upping their game in recent years and the headphones are backed by THX (who despite having fallen from grace in recent years, still know what they're doing with audio) I can't imagine they're awful.

For what it's worth, my money would be going towards the Sony WH-1000XM3's, very solid all around, don't need to go used like the Bose, and proven unlike the Razer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 minute ago, BobVonBob said:

okay thankyou, I can't see much online at all about the razer opus, is this bc people didnt buy them or what hah?

7 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

okay thankyou, I can't see much online at all about the razer opus, is this bc people didnt buy them or what hah?

They have only been released for a few weeks, it makes sense that there isn't too much out there right no. At least not from anyone other than general gaming and tech channels that I wouldn't suggest listening to about audio gear. (I'm sorry Hardware Canucks, but you just aren't audio reviewers).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, BobVonBob said:

They have only been released for a few weeks, it makes sense that there isn't too much out there right no. At least not from anyone other than general gaming and tech channels that I wouldn't suggest listening to about audio gear. (I'm sorry Hardware Canucks, but you just aren't audio reviewers).

hah, this is why I said there isn't much online, fully ignoring the channels that just don't know what they are talking about, ty for the help though!

WTF, the Razer almost look like a slightly customized and rebranded version of the Sony...

I have a QC35, love it... friend has the Sony and I don't find it comfortable, earcups too hard and "pointy".

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2