How to know if an SSD is a counterfeit?

I'm building my first pc and ordered a Kingston SA400S37 (240 gb) SSD online from a chinese seller (silly me) . Upon reading the recently added reviews for the item I got a but apprehensive because of people saying it was fake (only the recent ones hence why I was complacent in buying it) and I won't be able to use and verify it with my build for at least a few weeks. 

I plugged the SSD into my old laptop (Model: LG LGC50) [note: laptop can only boot to BIOS cause it died a while back] to see if it would be detected in the BIOS but it didn't.

Are there other ways I could verify if I could use the SSD or is it safe to assume that I've got a counterfeit or did I miss something else such as a BIOS update?

IMG_20200613_214551.thumb.jpg.1d010f9661655762f4be1e8176068a44.jpgIMG_20200613_185106.thumb.jpg.2433a606a8130a0597365d500290e576.jpg

Edited by Nanokillzx33
Clarifications

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

You can open it up and see if there is actually NAND flash inside. It should be detected fine. Boot into your operating system and go into the disk partition manager to see if it shows up there.

My laptop can't boot to the OS, died a while back so I can't look up/create partitions

2 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

If you plug in a windows install USB, does it show the drive as available for OS install?

Sadly I still don't have that available yet... Sorry

22 minutes ago, Nanokillzx33 said:

Sadly I still don't have that available yet... Sorry

Well how do you think you are going to get it to work without some form of installer?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

16 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Well how do you think you are going to get it to work without some form of installer?

I just want to know how to verify if it's working or not outside of OS because I have limited resources for now

Just now, Nanokillzx33 said:

I just want to know how to verify if it's working or not outside of OS because I have limited resources for now

It is kinda hard to tell on old bios on a newer uefi bios it would be possible, note : some old bios supports drive check feature

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

7 minutes ago, Kanna said:

It is kinda hard to tell on old bios on a newer uefi bios it would be possible, note : some old bios supports drive check feature

I guess I will have to wait when I have a flash drive for Windows installation and the rest of my stuff if the BIOS can't detect the SSD. I was hoping it would detect it because it would with my old secondary storage HDD

Just now, Nanokillzx33 said:

I guess I will have to wait when I have a flash drive for Windows installation and the rest of my stuff if the BIOS can't detect the SSD. I was hoping it would detect it because it would with my old secondary storage HDD

I think it would work but new drives often need to be partitioned which is possible in the windows 10 installer

Reminder⚠️

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 11:46 PM, Kanna said:

I think it would work but new drives often need to be partitioned which is possible in the windows 10 installer

So I got the flash drive, got to Windows 10 install, but the SSD in question is still nowhere to be found, even after I've looked at Diskpart