Logitec G102

Rumman

In my country this mouse (Logitec G102) is on a sale for about 1200 taka (about 14 dollar). Should I get it. I saw a number of negative comment on FB due to it's click problem. But I know it has really good sensor. If I buy this mouse and unfortunately have a faulty one, then can I replace the click switch for myself? And will it be a good move to do so?

At $14 I wouldn't recommend replacing the switch yourself, it's not worth the trouble. I believe this is the successor to the G90 they released in a few countries, I had that mouse briefly and thought it was okay, and at $14 it's pretty hard to complain. 

What are other mice in your price range? 

4 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

At $14 I wouldn't recommend replacing the switch yourself, it's not worth the trouble. I believe this is the successor to the G90 they released in a few countries, I had that mouse briefly and thought it was okay, and at $14 it's pretty hard to complain. 

What are other mice in your price range? 

Corsair harpoon ($19) or maybe cheaper Gigabyte M2 ($11)

3 minutes ago, Rumman said:

Corsair harpoon ($19) or maybe cheaper Gigabyte M2 ($11)

The Harpoon is definiely better for that price, get that.

would stick to  the G102, since it has a "safer" shape, you should try which  mouse fits you better.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

22 minutes ago, Oswin said:

would stick to  the G102, since it has a "safer" shape, you should try which  mouse fits you better.

Yeh, I saw a few video about the shape of Harpoon. I have to check it. If not comfortable with harpoon then should I get Gigabyte M2? 

Just now, Rumman said:

Yeh, I saw a few video about the shape of Harpoon. I have to check it. If not comfortable with harpoon then should I get Gigabyte M2? 

never tried out gigabyte mice personally, would stick with logitech, double clicking will not happen on most models until you use them for a couple of years, if they do happen early you can always ask for RMA

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

5 hours ago, Oswin said:

never tried out gigabyte mice personally, would stick with logitech, double clicking will not happen on most models until you use them for a couple of years, if they do happen early you can always ask for RMA

that is, if Logitech have a depot available to his country though, otherwise RMA process can be pretty slow

I have been using all Logitech product for 3-4 years now - every single one of them have this double click problem, and the higher end model also have other problem like RGB ligthing or middle click outright unclickable. All four of my mouse and keyboards from Logitech never last until the end of their warranty period without some sort of issue.

20 minutes ago, e22big said:

that is, if Logitech have a depot available to his country though, otherwise RMA process can be pretty slow

I have been using all Logitech product for 3-4 years now - every single one of them have this double click problem, and the higher end model also have other problem like RGB ligthing or middle click outright unclickable. All four of my mouse and keyboards from Logitech never last until the end of their warranty period without some sort of issue.

well i did state, 

5 hours ago, Oswin said:

, double clicking will not happen on most models

i have been using logitech products for a better part of 6 years, only 1 mouse had the double click, its a g602 that i used for a full 4 years that i got secondhand from my friend. all of the peripherals i state in my signature are still working, some of them are more than 3 years old and still working great.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 hour ago, Oswin said:

well i did state, 

i have been using logitech products for a better part of 6 years, only 1 mouse had the double click, its a g602 that i used for a full 4 years that i got secondhand from my friend. all of the peripherals i state in my signature are still working, some of them are more than 3 years old and still working great.

Out of curiosity, did you own any of their modern device? (one with Lightspeed wireless)

I have been hearing a bit that some of their older peripherals are extremely reliable but the problem started to develop as long as they employed Lightspeed tech which may affect their electronic design. I wonder if this is the reason (all of my Logitech peripherals are Lightspeed)

2 hours ago, e22big said:

Out of curiosity, did you own any of their modern device? (one with Lightspeed wireless)

I have been hearing a bit that some of their older peripherals are extremely reliable but the problem started to develop as long as they employed Lightspeed tech which may affect their electronic design. I wonder if this is the reason (all of my Logitech peripherals are Lightspeed)

yes, i do own a G502 lightspeed and is currently my main mouse

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

18 hours ago, Oswin said:

yes, i do own a G502 lightspeed and is currently my main mouse

I see, I guess we will see. If this the first of your Lightspeed peripheral, then you have been using it for less than a year correct? Let's hope it was just my bad luck (Because I have been using G903 Lightspeed as well which is released aroudn the same time and having to go through at least 2 RMA until finally - may be, having the one that work as advertised, my faith in their workmanship is honestly shaken quite significantly)