my gpu suddenly stopped working

Rokk

my zotac 1060 3gb has been working for over a year now. i noticed it was getting dusty so i cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol . When I put back in it worked fine it booted and it was all good i went to csgo to play with some friends. I launched csgo fine and was in the menu for 5 min but when I started loading up the map my pc shut down when i tuned it on it wouldn't post. the fan was moving on the gpu but wouldnt post.  i restarted my pc multiple times and wouldn't post. I am currently borrowing my brothers gpu and my pc works fine. Any ideas on how fix it?

How much alcohol did you use and how long did you let it dry out after cleaning it? If moisture moved into the wrong spot when the card began to heat up under load it could have caused a short which can kill a card. 

53 minutes ago, js23 said:

How much alcohol did you use and how long did you let it dry out after cleaning it? If moisture moved into the wrong spot when the card began to heat up under load it could have caused a short which can kill a card. 

I let it for 20min

Isopropyl alchohol is only needed to clean the thermal paste inside the card so that you can apply new thermal paste. For dust you only need an air duster. It could be that you applied it in the wrong spot and didn't let it dry enough, causing it to short the card.