Asus 34" Rog Swift PG349Q

Ryaanz

Just got my Asus 34" Rog Swift PG349Q,

Im trying to get the best color calibrations, 

And also i am wondering, what is adaptive contrast control, its a setting on the screen meny.

14 minutes ago, Ryaanz said:

Just got my Asus 34" Rog Swift PG349Q,

Im trying to get the best color calibrations, 

And also i am wondering, what is adaptive contrast control, its a setting on the screen meny.

If you're trying to get accurate colors you won't be able to get around using a colorimeter and calibration Software like DisplayCal. Adaptive contrast basically darkens the whole screen when the scene is dark and it will brighten the screen when you view bright content. I'd always turn it off because it will result in a very inconsistent Image.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Thing is, i used to have an xg248q which is an TN panel, and this is a ISP, just thought the difference would be bigger bthan it is :)

1 hour ago, Stahlmann98 said:

If you're trying to get accurate colors you won't be able to get around using a colorimeter and calibration Software like DisplayCal. Adaptive contrast basically darkens the whole screen when the scene is dark and it will brighten the screen when you view bright content. I'd always turn it off because it will result in a very inconsistent Image.